Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here guys, take all my money and invest it for me.

Seriously, I wonder if this didn't come down from above. Hoke very well may not have made any changes without being ordered to hit the reset button.

So where does the offense go? We went spread, then hybrid, then last year pro-set flavored.

And Funk? What does this say about him? A good team player obeying his OC's orders? Mindless yes man drone? Anguished coach whose hands were tied by those in a higher pay grade? Hoke kept him (Brand-On! didn't fire him), so that's got to be some vote of confidence I would think.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Just got Brand-On! 's first post Borges robo-email: a reminder I have until January 31st to pay my PSL for 2014.
      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hoke's a pro-style coach, he'll very likely consider only pro-style coordinators. Hopefully one that can adapt to his personnel & teams glaring weaknesses.

Comment

• What recruits are likely to be at risk now? Maybe none, if they perceive little change in terms of overall philosophy.

Comment

• At risk? I'd say none are at risk and hopefully getting Campbell back in the fold.

Comment

• Hey, if it is Nussmeier, have him bring some Ala. recruits with him. Peppers has to be elated tonight.

Comment

• That's the ideal scenario for sure. I'd imagine Speight wants to kick the tires on Nussmeier, though. And he will hear from others -- if he's a good enough recruit for poaching to be a factor -- that Nussmeier will be an HC somewhere before Speight's time is up. But, that said, I agree with you that it seems more likely that we don't lose any.

Comment

• Has there been a recruit that Borges has been largely responsible for reeling in? Even with Speight, wasn't it Mallory or some other position coach who made in roads with him?

Comment

• Peppers has to be elated tonight.
                    Yep.

I'm sure that played into it a bit
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      I'd say none are at risk and hopefully getting Campbell back in the fold.
                      I sure damn hope so. We need him badly
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• For '14, this is a very 'slight' positive for offensive recruits; a good deal of whom are early entrees. I don't expect it to change anything given how late it is...

Going forward ('15), this could help a good deal as Nussmeier has a rep as an excellent recruiter (Borges wasn't a recruiter) though I don't know what 'region' he has good ties to, I just know he's generally coached in the Northwest.

Comment

• I think Damien Harris's coach had ties to Al Borges from Auburn days. Don't know how that will influence Harris, but the new OC should contact him ASAP.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yeah, Harris is, from what I understand, an actual Borges recruit. That said, I thought he was one of those lifelong M fans like Peppers.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              That's the ideal scenario for sure. I'd imagine Speight wants to kick the tires on Nussmeier, though. And he will hear from others -- if he's a good enough recruit for poaching to be a factor -- that Nussmeier will be an HC somewhere before Speight's time is up. But, that said, I agree with you that it seems more likely that we don't lose any.
                              I'm pretty sure Speight has already enrolled.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• OK. Not that the loss would be a crippling one anyways. Spieght's stock has risen since he committed, and he seems a good fit for what Nuss wants to do, but we still should take a '15 QB and it would be a big surprise if Morris wasn't able to lock down the spot until he graduates. Speight's window is likely small.

Comment

Working...
                                X