Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Nussmeier visited Harris recently. And Harris has now decomitted.

I don't know what to think about that. I do know that, unlike Campbell, OSU is a definite possibility for Harris, though I still think anyone other than M is not likely.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Mom says UM is still "very much #1". Who knows. Not gonna get too worked up about '15 right now.

Comment

• I would definitely bet M against the field.

What, no worked up about 2015? Hoke's two big 2015 recruiting months are nearly upon us.

Comment

• Michigan needs to replace Fred Jackson with Mike Hart, sooner rather than later. Hart just moved from EMU to WMU as running backs coach. Harris has said that he wants to model himself after Hart.

Comment

• It motherfucking figures. The one guy for which Borges's recruiting prowess is actually worth a damn just happens to be a 5* running back recruit that we need desperately. Outside of Harris and Speight, has anyone heard Borges's name attached to an important recuit? Ever? We just replaced an OC whose offense ran for 131 yards per game and 3.2 yards per carry with a guy whose offense ran for 212 yards per game and 6.0 yards per carry. Why is it that we keep getting these stud recruits who are so attached to shitty coaches?

I'm with you on Fred Jackson. Dude needs to be given his gold watch. Should have gotten it ten years ago. The last RB that legitimately developed at Michigan was Chris Perry, and even then, it took him until his senior year. Mike Hart arrived in Ann Arbor already at his ceiling and just about everyone else has either met mediocre expectations or been a complete bust.
            Last edited by Hannibal; January 21, 2014, 12:06 PM.

Comment

• It would be pretty funny if he ended up at OSU. Well, I would chuckle.

For now, I'll enjoy the angst. I think he'll still end up at M.

Don't despair, though, in the next 8 weeks or so Coach Hoke will sign up least 4 solid OL recruits for 2015!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Don't despair, though, in the next 8 weeks or so Coach Hoke will sign up least 4 solid OL recruits for 2015!
                No he won't. Not this year. The party is over. Hoke has been exposed and his recruiting has tanked appropriately.

Comment

• As has been noted, he's going to have to start producing on the field sooner rather than later.

I also saw that M's last 2014 commit was some 3* way back in end of summer? That's mind-boggling.

Finally, from afar it seems like MSU is slowly winning the state. It seems like they're going to get McDowell. It seems like they're in really good shape with most of the top in-state kids for 2015.

Three separate thoughts, I guess, but all related to what I would consider "recruiting concerns" for the Fat Man and Matty.

Comment

• Hoke needs a good season in 2014, but the B10 has given UM away games at OSU, MSU, NU, in addition to Notre Dame away. 2015 then sets up well with MSU and OSU at AA. If Brandon is so motivated by money, I wonder why he does not insist that UM have either OSU or MSU at home on alternate years, like it has been most of my life.

UM needs help on the defensive line, and it needs help badly.

Comment

• Geezer, the reason that Michigan is at Sparty this year is because of the Big Ten realignment to two 7-team divisions. Michigan has to play there two years in a row. Normally, they would be at home when we play in Columbus. Something needs to be worked out going forward, however. It makes for a terrible season ticket next year and a great one in 2015. Not to mention when/if we actually get the ball rolling it would be nice for it to not coincide with a murderous schedule.

Comment

• Mike: Yup. I knew about the reallignment, but that is not a REASON why UM has to have the most unbalanced schedule of any B10 team.

One of the consistent themes on this page is that Brandon is all about the money. Well, dammit, then be about the money and give the season ticket holders fair value each year meaning alternating home games with MSU and OSU. "Something needs to be worked out going forward. . . " is not a solution. Once these schedules are set, it will be hard to undo the home/away expectations. So I again ask "why does UM have to get the shit end of the stick".

Let's remember that UM was the second most watched football team (on TV) after Alabama. MSU did not play a ranked team until they met OSU. UM contributes more than their share to overall B10 income.

Comment

• I completely agree.

Comment

• In 2014 MSU has UM, OSU and Neb at home.

Comment

• Harris has said that he wants to model himself after Hart.

Oh yeah? IN that case it'll never happen. IMO, with sports, things that just make too much sense to not happen never actually happen. It's why Trey Burke isn't a Piston.

Comment

• Coming from M's other committed recruits, this was likely. Borges connection helped M a lot, M will have to re-recruit him away from the SEC, Ohio, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X