This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's all M.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lots of smoke surrounding LB Asmar Bilal right now too. A commitment might be imminent.

Comment

• Could also soon catch fire. Or maybe he's just onstage at a concert.

Comment

• Pelini has a good idea:

CHICAGO -- Nebraska Cornhuskers coach Bo Pelini caused a stir last month when he brought up the idea of eliminating national signing day altogether.Several coaches in the Big 12 and Pac-12 told ESPN.

This would surely lessen the "feel good" offers that get extended by Alabama and Ohio.

Comment

• No signing date = Great idea. All offers should be binding. Wouldn't that change the game?

Urban Meyer: "Son, I see you just received an offer from Michigan. We'd like to offer you a scholarship to Ohio State."

Prospect: "Can I borrow your pen?"

Urban: "Let's not be hasty, now."
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I think that it would be mostly unenforceable though.

IMHO one rule change that they really need to make is four-year schollies + no oversigning. Make everyone play by the same rules.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree.

Comment

• Yup, Asmar Bilal is a M vs ND battle that apparently there is good information out there among insiders that he's likely to be a Wolverine.

Comment

• Pelini's idea is so simple, that it might just work.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Good idea but not going to happen ...... Why?

Because the SEC is structured to advantage itself in the current recruiting environment.

Pelini's idea ends that advantage.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Michigan, apparently, only has 4 outstanding offers out there because Hoke would never offer more players than he has room for. Heh.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Michigan, apparently, only has 4 outstanding offers out there because Hoke would never offer more players than he has room for. Heh.
                          STFU .... you know there's more to it than that. I know you know that I don't need to 'splain' that to you, Lucy.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• c'mon Talent. You are better than that. This idea is simply "offer and acceptance".

I can place an offer on three separate houses as long as everyone understands that the first to accept is the only one I am obligated to take.

Pelini's idea is a nightmare to the SEC and to "certain other schools using SEC tactics". Scholarship offers should not be used to puff up a student's ego. Actually, the college could offer a kid, but state clearly that the kid couldn't accept before a date certain (like February 1).

The more I think about it, the better I like it. Schools could categorize the football and basketball players as employees (give them $ 3,000 per semester to avoid Title IX), and then let schools extend 105, five-year scholarships for football and 17 for basketball.

Talent is quite right that there is almost a total correlation between recruiting and on-the-field success. I think Pelini's idea levels the field against the cheaters.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                              Rocky, PLEASE tell us we have no chance with Cole.
                              So now I'm 0 for my last 3 (Isaac, Clark, and Cole). Next request?

Comment

• Gimme a bit. Does it work for basketball?

Comment

Working...
                                X