Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bolden sounds like a lock and Ross is a guy you've got to bend over backwards to make room for. After years of getting our asses kicked in recruiting by the likes of USC and OSU, I hope that we're not about to turn down a borderline 5* guy offered by those guys who wants to come to Michigan. I don't care how you make room for him. Move Clark and Heitzman to TE so that you only have to take one in this class. Lose somebody's phone number. Pull a Saban and get somebody a "medical" hardship. Don't renew a fifth year senior's scholly. If we don't have room for Ross, we shouldn't have taken Ringer or some of the borderline recruits that Hoke signed when he was hired.
    Last edited by Hannibal; April 16, 2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Jenkins-Stone had offers from Florida, Domers, and Alabama ... it's nice to actually win recruiting battles against non-MAC teams.

Comment

Ringer is a borderline 4 star. I don't mind taking him.

Comment

I've got Ringer as a legit 4-star, before he showed significant interest in M, he was arguably the top LB in Ohio. Now that he's a M commit, he'll get downgraded by those folks from Ohio.

Comment

Of course I'll post ND recruiting on my ND thread...there was some leeway here on the previous forum...then a thread specifically for non-UM recruiting.

Just getting my feet wet here Oracle...

Comment

Zeke Pike set to announce his decision on Wednesday... Competition is Auburn, Tennessee, North Carolina, Arkansas & Clemson.

Comment

Rumblings at Rivals over the weekend was that he was ready to comit to Auburn at his visit there this weekend but these rumors were shot down pretty quickly and disappeared.

If I were guessing, I'd say he's a Tiger. Huge get if Hoke rakes him in.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

If I were guessing, I'd say he's a Tiger.
                  Me too, ... unfortunately. Most times, those "rumblings" have their root in truth.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Hard to compete with the payola machine at Auburn. The program will be on probation before Pike is a senior.

Comment

He's going to be a HS senior this year, and will probably have a red shirt year, where-ever he goes.

So, his entire playing career at Auburn could be under probation.

But hey, .. money talks. Just ask O-lie-O.
                      Last edited by lineygoblue; April 18, 2011, 02:10 PM.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

At least a decision from Pike could shake a few other quarterbacks off the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Clashmore Mike View Post
                          Of course I'll post ND recruiting on my ND thread...there was some leeway here on the previous forum...then a thread specifically for non-UM recruiting.

Just getting my feet wet here Oracle...
                          Jeezus...I wasn't THAT serious. No big deal at all...just keep that shit out. ;)

Comment

If its a guy M is/was actively recruiting (he's got an offer and taken a visit to AA), feel free to post it here otherwise please put it elsewhere.

Comment

Yesteday's Kalamazoo Gazette had a story about a local h.s. senior who just set a state weight lifting record. Gary Yerden is 6'6", weighs 330 lbs., has twice accomplished a record dead lift of 660 lbs.! He played only one year of h.s. football and has pretty much flown under the radar college recruiters. But it sounds like the kid has huge upside potential. Greg Mattison gets credit for pursuing a lead on this while other programs ignored the opportunity. Gary Yerden will get preferred walk-on status at UM this fall. He has people buzzing. Here is the story:

Comment

FWIW Pike likely selecting Auburn.

Comment

Working...
                                X