Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want more bad news, Maty Mauk QB likely a Domer according to ND sources.

Comment

Another name has cropped up at the QB position, Austin Appleby from Hoover High School in olieo

Comment

I've heard we're in good shape for Mauk...Kelly has been on him since his days at Cinci. Still he didn't make the Blue/Gold game as expected...there is some talk that he is waiting to see what Gunner Kiel is going to do (Gunner Kiel is a local and fan favorite besides being on of the top five qbs in this class).

On Edit: This post is only intended to address WM's previous. Mauk does have a UM offer and has visited Ann Arbor. In short, this post is compliant with forum requirements.
        Last edited by Clashmore Mike; April 20, 2011, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Clash - you can post here in any thread, in any way you like. You've earned the right, my friend. You're an Irish fan, but you are a charter member of this forum.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Its official - Pike to AwBarn.

It hurts a bit, but I go back to what I've said before. The last thing that Coach Hoke needs, is a "commit" who has eyes for other programs. If he couldn't fully and wholeheartedly commit to Michigan, then we don't need him.

We're still good at QB. Denard had two more years, Gardner has three, maybe four if he gets his med redshirt, and Bellomy hasn't even enrolled yet. Plus, Michigan is the favorite for that super sophomore at one of the Warren schools. I'm too lazy to look up his name.

Pike would have been a nice addition, but its not a class-killer. We'll still have a fine class without him.

Comment

and if Mauk goes anywhere other than Notre Dame, I'll run naked down Stadium Drive at 12:00 noon on opening day.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not of the belief that a top flight QB is a must in this class(although it's be nice).

Comment

Morris (first name?, Shane maybe) is the super sophomore that grew up a big M fan, I'd like a blue chip QB every class but if Devin Gardner gets his redshirt its a lot less critical...

We knew for sure Pike was going elsewhere once Appleby was offerred. Pike was a very nice recruit himself but I liked his potential in helping lure big time WR's to this class which M is lacking in...

re: Mauk - Yes, I fully expect he ends up at ND and would be a major surprise if he went anywhere else and think really highly of his abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    and if Mauk goes anywhere other than Notre Dame, I'll run naked down Stadium Drive at 12:00 noon on opening day.
                    Why are you making me root for the domers?

Comment

I don't think you have to root at all, JD. I think Mauk is a silent commit to the Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

That would certainly ease the pain of NDNation...

Comment

.... and increase the pain of AA residence and M fans.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I would be very careful to only post that observation on the ND thread!!!

Comment

Friends .. I have a host of friends ...

Comment

Cincinnati, OH TE, AJ Williams and Farmington Hills, MI, TE Devin Funchess have committed to M according to Rivals.

They are the 5th and 6th in the 2012 class.
                                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X