This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oracle:

With the updated Rivals rankings and the Mitchell commitment, M is now at #7 in the 247Sports composite. However, Ole Miss at #8 is less than a point behind with 4 fewer commits and Georgia is only 2 points back with 7 fewer commits. So, I think they're sitting 9th for all intents and purposes for our bet.

Miami is 10th and 9 points back. I tend to think M will finish ahead of Miami.

Stanford is 12 points back with 8 fewer commits. If they're able to add 5 more (and I have no idea what their class size will be), they should finish ahead of M.

UCLA is 24 points back with 7 fewer commits. I also think UCLA will pass M.

Notre Dame, Clemson and Auburn are also serious candidates to pass M, but they have so few commits and are more than 40 points back it's hard to say at the moment.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      IMO, Webb has carved out a niche of listeners who cluelessly lap up his stuff then repeat it on a Michigan forum somewhere. It's one of these things where, "he said it, it must be true."
      Until a recruit commits, the majority of recruiting news is "he said, she said." When you find a way of getting 100% accurate recruiting info, let me know. Also, if putting me down gets you off, great. In the future, please ignore the stuff I write instead of bashing me for passing on info. D-bag.
      Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Correct!

Comment

• Correct

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Yeah, that's about right. I'm skeptical of most insiders anyway -- for any school.

It's also a big business so they have to keep cranking out "stories." So, "Player X COULD set up an OV with M and if he does M MIGHT have a chance to land him." Well, no fucking shit.

Bill Kurelic is an OSU guy who is absolute garbage. He never says anything definitive. "Antawn Jackson COULD pick OSU or he could pick Auburn." Well, NFS.

So unless there's definitive statements or something close, I ignore them.
            ....... and this rings true to none of you three. Do I have that correct?

Over the last few years, I have certainly changed my mind about the importance of recruiting and the value to the future success of a team that talent level (*) represents.

OTH, that most of the information that floats around about a recruit is published for the purpose of advancing the business interests of the entity that is publishing it renders it suspect to some degree.

Sure, it's fun to read about X and Y recruit. It's fine to post thoughts here about recruiting. That's what the forum is about and this thread in particular.

No harm intended by my post about Web (or Bacon for that matter) nor am I questioning anyone's manhood who post Webb's views or Bacon's stuff. I respect those views but if I don't agree with them or view them as less than reliable or useful, I'll say so. Apologies if your panties are in a wad over the fact that I should dispute the musings of Sam Webb of John Bacon.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In truth, I think that you can look at the Harbaugh hiring process as telling. Sam Webb was amongst a series of Michigan insiders who, at a time of massive demand for any little shred of information actually exercised great restraint. Easy contrast to Schefter, Cowherd, Kawakami and the other NFL press flinging unsubstantiated BS all around the place.

Being an insider and cultivating relationships inside one institution for decades comes with plusses and minuses, and in this case I think it works well. We also know they hold back stuff they know is true, in order to preserve access. But we don't get ridiculous bullshit. I think there's a nice balance in place. As fans we've got it good. The Michigan sports press don't yank our chains with clickbait. What we get at least is what they believe is true.
              Last edited by hack; August 31, 2015, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• In the case of Kareem, those rumors he is hearing are probably true. He is going to be a tentative commit until signing day.

Comment

• I'm sure its difficult to find out the truth in these circles tho. These recruits are still young guys that can change their mind with the wind (or a blow job or a handout of cash etc.)
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Although heavily mocked and criticized by the cheap chardonnay and Planters crowd, Brandon Peters jumps to the #46 player ranked in the nation and will likely still climb as he is having a monster, senior year.

NFL Machine Inc. Of course was spot on in uncovering a hidden gem as the rating services scramble to wipe the excrement off their faces.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I expect him to be #2 behind Gary. And with the 247 bump, his composite rating is now up to 141.

Comment

Yeah, that's about right. I'm skeptical of most insiders anyway -- for any school.

It's also a big business so they have to keep cranking out "stories." So, "Player X COULD set up an OV with M and if he does M MIGHT have a chance to land him." Well, no fucking shit.

Bill Kurelic is an OSU guy who is absolute garbage. He never says anything definitive. "Antawn Jackson COULD pick OSU or he could pick Auburn." Well, NFS.

So unless there's definitive statements or something close, I ignore them.
                        I just looked at the whole Top 25 for the first time recenty and I was shocked by how crappy ND's class looks at this point.

Comment

I expect him to be #2 behind Gary. And with the 247 bump, his composite rating is now up to 141.
                          What idiots 247 and Jim Harbaugh are. Don't know what they're talking about.

Comment

• I'm not sure there is a Cheap Chardonnay and Planters crowd. Maybe Natty light.

Comment

• I just looked at the whole Top 25 for the first time recenty and I was shocked by how crappy ND's class looks at this point.
                              They have some really good OL, but not much else. That said, they're only at 14 commits and their average of 88.23 is decent. I really don't know who they're in on or what they'll add.

If I had to predict a final top 10, I'd say the top 6 are all in -- OSU, LSU, Bama, Penn State, USC and FSU. Georgia is almost assuredly in. I think Auburn will be in -- they only have 12 commits, but I've seen enough in the past two years to know they'll get some good ones down the stretch. I think Clemson will be there. Lots of quality for their first 11 -- a decent finish should put them on the edge of the top 10. And then I'd say UCLA. But I could easily see Stanford or Ole Miss or Notre Dame if they land some big-time kids.

I think M is in around 13 and Sparty around 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                I'm not sure there is a Cheap Chardonnay and Planters crowd. Maybe Natty light.
                                In the case of Ohio, it's more Pork Rinds, S'litz M'o Liquorz 'n a splash of Funky Cold Madina!
                                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Working...
                                X