Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even taking into account the normal spread between fake 40s and for real, electronically timed 40s, 4.8 is positively awful for a wide receiver. Shane Morris has been legit timed at a 4.7 or a 4.6, I think.
    Last edited by Hannibal; September 11, 2015, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• LOL at Shane Morris 4.6...

Looks fast to me.

Comment

• If you run a 4.8 you aren't a wide receiver. You're a 195 lb tight end.

Comment

• You're over obsessing about a 40 time which I doubt is representative of his true speed. WR skills like running routes, catching the ball and getting separation are far more important...

FWIW Devin Funchess best 40 was a 4.7, Mario Manningham was a 4.6 receiver.

Comment

• "Speed is overrated" -- Brady Hoke's coaching staff

Comment

• Anthony Carters 40 time wasn't that great either
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I have seen a lot of top skill position recruits over the years have a 4.7-4.8 listed on their recruit profiles. I have a feeling most HS kids actually run in this range before they get a College workout under their belt. As someone else said, the 4.3-4.4 stuff is usually crap.
                The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Victor Viramontes QB/LB/ATH earned his 4th star. He's a good enough athlete and a hard enough worker that he should find a position to play (TE?) at the college level and potentially excel at his new position. He was one of those dreaded 2-stars that JH offered.

Comment

• My sisters kid who's a fat 8 year old just ran a 4.8

Sign him up!
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I would ignore stars and measurable data.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Where did that 4.8 come from?
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                          Victor Viramontes QB/LB/ATH earned his 4th star. He's a good enough athlete and a hard enough worker that he should find a position to play (TE?) at the college level and potentially excel at his new position. He was one of those dreaded 2-stars that JH offered.
                          I've read where he's very good on defense as well.

If he continues that, he'll be on the field somewhere when he gets to Ann Arbor.

In other news...

My son said he caught bits and pieces of Brandon Peters' game last night on ESPN, and the kid threw for something like 5 touchdowns, and over 400 yards passing. Couldn't find a link to verify the stats, .. but it sounds like the kid played well.

Its going to be a very interesting and competitive QB battle next fall.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 24/7 report from Ryan Bartow. Goodbye Rashan Gary?

The feel here is that Gary will likely head to the SEC- Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss or Alabama. He has a rapport with former Texas A&M offensive line commit and fellow five-star Greg Little, an offensive tackle from Allen (Texas) and speaks highly of the programs in the south.
                            Don't count USC out, either.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• M needs a strong '15 season to impress Gary, off to a very poor start.

Comment

• Not landing Gary would be most embarrassing.

------------------------

Here's a thought, why not let the each recruit hold the stopwatch? Surely those submitted times will be more accurate?
                                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Working...
                                X