X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavert Hill make you happy?

Comment

• Isn't Hill committed to Penn State?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I suppose, if he flips. Was concerned about his size, but he's the same size as Jourdan Lewis.
        Last edited by Rocky Bleier; November 29, 2015, 12:51 PM.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• PSU insiders believe both Hill and Nordin are heading our way.

Comment

• I saw Hill play at the state finals on Friday at Ford field.

He's amazing in the open field. His team put him in the slot on a few occasions, and he's very quick and elusive.

He didn't really stand out at RB though ...

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Its a recruiting violation for him to meet with recruits, but I'm sure that Auburn will find a way to make that happen. The rules don't apply to the SEC.
              If Gary didn't meet Newton, it looks like he had fun meeting Sir Charles.

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I heard it was a recruiting violation to bring in alumni to help recruit players.

If its not illegal, we should start bringing in guys like Brady and Woodson on their NFL bye weeks.

Comment

• I'm kinda with Mike on this ...... if osu (and others in the SEC) can figure out how to get past the NCAA clown show in matters pertaining to recruiting violations, M should damn well be able to figure it out.

The bottom line is that M is not going to compete among the elites without attracting the talent. It's like a business problem. The name only goes so far in attracting good employees. To get the best and maintain a competitive advantage, there has to be something "special" you're offering. Right now, osu has the cache with National Titles and such. But how does any knowledgeable CFB fan think they got there and how do they stay on top? Certainly not by passing up great talent that may not be able to spell.

Sure, getting coached by Harbaugh and a staff that can get you into the NFL because they WERE in the NFL is a nice calling card. But M has to be able to answer the question, what are you going to do for me now and worry about making these guys be team players, good students responsible members of society later.
                  Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 29, 2015, 03:48 PM.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The best recruiting tool is getting guys into the NFL.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                      we should start bringing in guys like Brady and Woodson on their NFL bye weeks.
                      or Michigan can bring in Michael Phelps, Derek Jeter (a huge fan), and James Earl Jones in a Darth Vader outfit.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah, PSU & M insiders expect Hill to flip. Not sure on Nordin, M some time ago said they wouldn't know till sometime in December if a scholarship would be available for a kicker.

Comment

• JH is playing at the edge. He's taking every advantage. His summer swarm is a prime example. Hiring the Paramus HC is another example. He's going to do everything he can do to get talent to M. He wants to win. He's not going WIN unless he gets the jimmys and the joes.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            or Michigan can bring in Michael Phelps, Derek Jeter (a huge fan), and James Earl Jones in a Darth Vader outfit.
                            Or just put them on jets with Desmond.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              JH is playing at the edge. He's taking every advantage. His summer swarm is a prime example. Hiring the Paramus HC is another example. He's going to do everything he can do to get talent to M. He wants to win. He's not going WIN unless he gets the jimmys and the joes.
                              Yep .... I thought your earlier analysis of Harbaugh shortly after he was hired was pretty much spot on and balanced compared to the rest of us who felt we were witnessing the Resurrection and manna was about to flow forth from the parting of Lake Michigan or such.

You asked: "Can he recruit." That was your big question. The 2016 class will not tell all but it will tell something ...... this statement to not put such great importance upon singular events (or games). heh.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• He's doing a pretty good job. There's nothing I've seen to date that suggests JH won't deliver a top shelf program. My only small issue is that he'll be dependent on a good DC because that ain't his thing
                                I think he'll usually have that, so I'm not concerned. But that seems like only area he isn't all over.

His recruiting will be very good.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X