This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harbaugh is remarkable.

You just don't see that sort of integrity or honesty in an HC these days.

Meyer or Saban would either have the kid on the team or washing cars, probably a little of both.

VV trains like Rambo, I want him on the team. "Come back to Michigan Vicious Vic, the war is over."

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I love that picture of him with the headband, from when he was in high school in the 80s.

Comment

• It kind of makes sense, 10 QBS is a number to aspire to.

Comment

• It's a nice problem to have, considering just a couple years ago we had trouble coming up with one quarterback.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            It kind of makes sense, 10 QBS is a number to aspire to.
            Jim Harbaugh's freshman year, Bo had 8+ QBs in the mix...the best man will win and will play.
            Last edited by Prime2; December 8, 2015, 11:24 AM.
            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I like that Harbaugh is open to having an athletic and mobile QB. I hope he applies that thinking to the defense and finds a DC that can scheme to stop a mobile and running QB.

Comment

• Viramontes could have been like Colin Kaepernick in a Michigan offense.

Then again, that might have been more of Greg Roman's scheme with some Harbaugh input when they were in San Fran. Roman is using an offense that favors mobile QBs really well in Buffalo right now. Tyrod Taylor has done much better this year than anyone would have guessed.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It kind of makes sense, 10 QBS is a number to aspire to.
                  heh,

The guy at TCU recruits lots of QBs because he is looking for athletes first. Then he finds positions for them.

V.V. is not the classic running QB. He is slower than most.

Comment

• He can play TE, LB probably.

Comment

• Devin Bush caution:

"His father, Devin Bush Sr., acknowledge it's a big deal for his son to have an aggressive scheme that allows him to play fast and flow to the football. The issue for him is, three of the schools for him on list of finalists are changing defensive coordinators ? Michigan, Auburn, Georgia ? they're all changing defensive coordinators."
                      "This is why Michigan fans shouldn't be overconfident," he added.

Dec. 16 is an important date for Michigan as Devin Bush, a highly-touted linebacker from Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Flanagan, announces his commitment.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I wish for their sake that kids had more wisdom than that. If you play for a great DC, then he probably won't be a DC anymore in four years. It's unwise to commit to a coordinator instead of a program.

Comment

• But he doesn't know what kind of defense a new coordinator will run. Some kids committed to Michigan and ended up playing for Greg Robinson and Tony Gibson. It's good to know who your coach will be. Will Harbaugh hire a Durkin-type guy? Or a guy who can hold OSU under 40 points?

Comment

• Same thing could happen anywhere. He doesn't know what type of defense he will be playing at FSU in three years either, because their DC will get snatched up if he gets a lot out of his guys. There aren't that many legitimately good long term coordinators out there. The next DC hire at Auburn, Georgia, and UM might not even be there in four years if they are really good.

Comment

• Many factors go into the decision. He'll have to trust Harbaugh if he want to go to U-M. His dad is an FSU alum, he sister currently attends FSU, and he knows who their DC is. All of these factors make me nervous despite the fact that I keep hearing that Michigan is in great shape with him. Anyway, once again it's a "Thanks, Brady" situation. Can't believe I'm concerned that Joe Bolden isn't coming back next year.

Comment

• Yeah there's way too many eggs in the Bush, Jr. basket right now. And we have been there with so many recruits I'm losing track.

Comment

Working...
                                X