Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corely goes Sparty. good get for them. Glad he didn't go for the Bucks.

Comment

• has Devin Gil always been a LB prospect in the eyes of our staff?

Comment

• Thanks WM.
        Nauta decision coming up in the next 15-20 min.

So if Nauta commits to Michigan, very unexpectedly, does Chase Allen lose his offer? I'm curious how that process works...
        Like Harbaugh would just call Allen and tell him he no longer has a scholarship offer or whatever happens... Idk
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yes, Chase would lose his spot. Most all coaches are pretty clear if there is a player ahead of them on the pecking order.

Comment

• moot point ... Nauta sticks with Georgia as expected

Comment

• As long as Michigan keeps their expected top guy (Gary), that will be fine to me.
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• David Long was wearing little Michigan arm bands today...

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Recruiting thoughts for discussion:

When was the last time Penn State picked up a commit? If not for the state of PA, who would be buying James Franklin's line of B.S.?

Brady Hoke gets credit for his recruiting, but it shouldn't be forgotten that he benefitted from Tresel's fall from grace. Hoke made inroads during the scandal. Harbaugh, on the other hand, has built a top 5 class without benefit of one Ohio recruit!

Is Dantonio building his program around WRs? Four of his top 5 recruits are WRs. Isn't that the Matt Millllen way to build a team?.
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Harbaugh, on the other hand, has built a top 5 class without benefit of one Ohio recruit!
                    I read somewhere last week, (Free Press?) where Harbaugh is doing that deliberately. Not because he has anything against Ohio athletes, (he was born in Ohio) but because he feels that Michigan is more of a national brand, than they are a regional brand.

Meyer can completely fill his roster with Ohio athletes, and probably do what he's doing now (wrt wins/losses). Notre Dame and MSU will nip away at that a bit, but not enough to make a difference in Columbus.

The article said we can still expect to see Harbaugh go up against Meyer in Ohio in the future, but not at the expense of giving up on the national scene.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Franklin still has a great brand to sell, I'm not buying. HARBAUGH!!! went into PSU's typical recruiting grounds in Jersey and picked up a lot of their best talent away from him...

Durkin could do [relatively] well at Maryland, they seem serious about football with the B1G money. Hopefully Maryland's success comes more at the expense of Virginia, VT, WV then the B1G (PSU).

Comment

• There is really good talent in Ohio, no good reason why Harbaugh would neglect it.

Comment

• Is Dantonio building his program around WRs? Four of his top 5 recruits are WRs. Isn't that the Matt Millen way to build a team?
                          No. These guys can actually play. The Millen method is to recruit guys who cannot play and then give up on them after one year and draft someone to replace the guy who failed. That way you always have an inept WR on the team.

Comment

• Sparty desperately needs WR's and WR's can sometimes move to DB.

Comment

• Right now, Franklin is looking a lot like a thinner Brady Hoke.

I do think JH has to land some of these Detroit athletes, and, like WM says, don't abandon Ohio.

Comment

• I was hoping they wouldn't get Corley.

He will be a good replacement for Burbridge.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X