Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• . So maybe Corley and Crawford are roughly the same and if you take Corley then MSU has no Plan B... But, eh...
    True. But if the kid doesn't make the academic requirements, UM is not even in the hunt. No need to get me started on that, because UM has always recruited with one hand behind its back, and that is not going to change. I just wish they would publish a kid's ACT/SAT scores along with his weight and height.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Yeah, I'm not feeling that criticism of JH's recruiting. And, he'll do well in-state for 2017. And he's done really well in 2016 overall.

I could, conceivably, acknowledge a shred of truth to the criticism when it comes to MSU. JH an really hurt MSU if he takes the best in-state kids. MSU, obviously, doesn't have the same ability to get kids outside the region. So maybe Corley and Crawford are roughly the same and if you take Corley then MSU has no Plan B... But, eh...

As it relates to OSU, it doesn't really matter. OSU can pretty effectively Plan A-.
      I would throw PSU in there as a program that is worth poaching kids from too if you can. Our big three competitor schools going forward will be OSU, PSU, and MSU. We only got one prospect in the entire class from the home states of those three universities.

Comment

• Well, soon to be 2 and that will include a PSU poach!

And you're destroying Rutgers!!!!
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It Costs 70 K a year to attend IMG Academy in Tampa.

A private boarding school established by Nick Bollettieri who is scum. He raped my neighbor's mother while she was a young high school girl enrolled in his prestigious tennis pro school.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• He's tennis' Sonny Vaccaro basically, right?

Comment

• Agree about going after MSU that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                He's tennis' Sonny Vaccaro basically, right?
                Look Hack, you fancy *uck, I have no idea who Sonny Vaccaro is but Sonny Bono? Well hell yes.
                Last edited by Prime2; January 12, 2016, 06:05 PM.
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• You got that right. I am pretty *ucking *ancy. You're a philistine compared to my refined consumer tastes.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Yeah. Kalis was pretty much the only kid who Hoke got because of Tressel departure. Hoke was a good recruiter.
                    He got a bunch of kids from Ohio that year, but they really didn't pan out.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• You kidding? I'd take that every year out of Ohio. Kalis, Wormley, Wilson, Henry, Bolden and AJ Williams. That's over a 66% hit rate with still some room to get to a ceiling with them.

Comment

• And Strobel and Kaleb Ringer and Allen Gant.

We had a 100% hit rate from Iowa and Utah both that year.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• To reiterate, I think the Tressel departure only mattered with Kalis. Wormley and Strobel were probably going to M, especially the former. The other kids OSU wasn't really after except for Bolden near the end.

Kalis is the only kid that went to M that OSU fans still begrudge, even before his youthful interview promising blood on the field. He was all Buckeye and flipped when the situation was murky. Others stayed or at least waited it out (Washington, Dunn).

Anyway, Ohio can be recruited. JH didn't need it this go around, though.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I've got M finishing with Gary, Allen, Jones, Long and Hill. An excellent finish as I like all of these players better or as good as their recruiting rankings...

They'll have a few spots open up with grade issues; potential attrition at ATH, DE, LB and DB...

Attrition at WR would open up a spot for Donald Stewart or Pie Young; M has their choice... Defensive end? One of Connor Murphy/Joshua Uche might have a spot open up... M is already recruiting over some players that they know won't make it here.

Comment

• M is out of it with Levi Onwuzurike, a defensive lineman I really liked.

Comment

• yeah, we could have used some ends --- though if we get Gary, he is freakish enough to play on the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X