X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An educated guess would be a welcome relief

Comment

• Are you really that butthurt over Derrick Green just not being a good running back?

Comment

• I never said Green was the guy. As I said I don't know jack shit about recruiting. I just think that people who claim to know about recruiting and then years later state that a top recruit is worthless are full of shit. Capice?

Comment

• No, I don't follow at all.

We all have opinions on players, recruits, coaches, athletic directors here. You seem to condemn the coaching staff(s) for Green's failure as a running back, I don't. For me it's that simple. I don't see the need for personal attacks and character assassination in our discussion, apparently you were quite invested in your opinion and had to retort to them.

Comment

• Uh see my posting elsewhere about whether I really give a shit about your observations. I don't blame either Green or the coaching staff for his failures. I blame phony prognosticators such as yourself who thought Green was a great find and when he doesn't pan out want to blame the player with " I told you so" unsubstantiated claims while then claiming that "I told you so" observations that 2 star backs such as Bell were really great because you saw their potential instead of acknowledging that it was superior coaching that developed that talent. In other words I see you as a phony.

Comment

• I'm not the one who made Green to be a 5-star, #1 running back in his class and never knew who Bell was till he was on the field vs the Wolverines...

I don't think Green's style of running works well at the college level. Geen's a bowling ball type of running back that looked really good running over sub 200 lb high schoolers. Here is a quote from him:

"I was always downhill. If you look at my film, I'm not really a bounce guy. I'm a one-cut-and-go, real straight, north-south runner and I have the speed to kick it up in sixth gear. All that bouncing and shaking, I wouldn't say that was me. If you're in the way, I'm going to blow you up. I'm not going to try to shake you. At my school, they call me 'The Freight Train.' I like that a lot. I'm going to run you over and let you know I'm here. I'm coming."

Not that I didn't have hopes for him but his highlights reminded me of Kevin Grady. Another bowling ball running back who struggled to get past the line of scrimmage. Running backs need to be able to make defenders miss, make a cut to the hole without losing much momentum... What worked for Green in high school wasn't going to work near as easily in the B1G...

I don't pretend to be any type of recruiting analyst here but we all do the same thing with our opinions of players, coaches, recruits, etc. This recruiting discussion is more than anything passing along info and putting it all in one place, then me pretending to be a talent evaluator expert.
              Last edited by WM Wolverine; January 16, 2016, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• or BJ Askew ...
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't know why you always bring him up. He was pretty good his last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    I never said Green was the guy. As I said I don't know jack shit about recruiting. I just think that people who claim to know about recruiting and then years later state that a top recruit is worthless are full of shit. Capice?
                    Tbh I don't know of any analyst who's been perfect at spotting who'll be successful.
                    Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Nobody capices you, Stan. We're all just regular decent people. Even OP.

Comment

• Jalon Rose directed me to this site:

Comment

• Fred Sanford used to call them, basically, ``whores divers''. Which I think of every time I'm somwhere they are served.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                            Tbh I don't know of any analyst who's been perfect at spotting who'll be successful.
                            Mel Kiper has made a lucrative career out of being wrong 90% of the time.

Comment

• I sure wish he'd have been right about Nick Fairley going #1 overall a few years back.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• and the BMW pick being a good one.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X