X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know if the whole article has been posted but:

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
    HARBAUGH calls Crootin a "meritocracy". Enough for me.

Comment

• SeattleLionsFan:

You make two good points. Since I don't live in WA, I don't know what folks there think, but I have noticed people in CA certainly have a higher regard for UM than folks in MI. I have attributed that to the Freep, which is consistent on its hit pieces about UM football. I also find that MSU is indeed comparable to BSU and Baylor in their minds.

You also have my personal condolences for being a Lions fan. I watched them win in '57, and I too have been a lifelong fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Heh. Meritocracy. That's one way to say, "hey, we found someone better...see ya!"
        Fundamentally that is correct.
        Looks like the coaching staff expects players to continue to progress in their senior year's after they are committed. If they don't meet that expectation and someone else does, then sayonara.

That's how it should be if you are a top-tier program.

We have not been, so we have not been able to think like that.

Harbaugh is trying to change that. I'm all good.

Comment

• I'm fine with it too.

He was hired to make tough decisions, win football games, and keep the program out of trouble. Not necessarily in that order.

If some athletes get their widdle feewings hurt along the way, .. oh well. Grow a pair. Athletes commit and decommit all the time. Coaches should be able to do the same.

In the end, its all about the scoreboard. If this leads to wins over our major opponents, and playoff appearances, then I'm fine. Nobody will remember any of this crap when the team is walking off the field in Columbus or East Lansing on the up side of the scoreboard.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Heh. Meritocracy. That's one way to say, "hey, we found someone better...see ya!"
            It's the James Harris' way...

Read the latest breaking news in Canada and the rest of the world. We bring all of today's top headlines and stories to your fingertips.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Was surprised that Michael Wilbon said it was no big deal on Pardon the Interruption. Expected him to pile on as much as he hates Michigan. Kornheiser said Harbaugh was hired to make decisions and win football games. I guess you don't need to feign outrage if you're already a nationally known figure who isn't seeking publicity.

Comment

• Ole Miss breaks rules? Say it ain't so!

Guess they can no longer "afford" Rashan Gary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                  Ole Miss breaks rules? Say it ain't so!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources...ail&soc_trk=ma
                  Whatever they have done, it will cost them a schollie or two at the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

HA! I see what you did there!
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It would be nice to see the NCAA actually bring the hammer down on someone in the SEC.
                      I wouldn't be surprised if Satan is all clean now that every top recruit wants to play at 'Bama for a NC --- but I wouldn't be surprised if Nick bent a few rules while he was getting started at LSU.

Comment

• Holding my breath this weekend as Dabo make his pitch. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets Rashan to postpone his decision until after NSD just to mess with me. :-(

Comment

• Heh. Meritocracy. That's one way to say, "hey, we found someone better...see ya!"
                          I'm thinking more along the lines of:

Sierra
                          Tango
                          Foxtrot
                          Uniform....
                          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Might lose Devery Hamilton to Stanford.

Comment

• I guess that was Harbaugh's flight to Baltimore.

A Silent Commit, NSD revealed, speculation from Internets:

-Fuller
                              -Little
                              -Hardman (seems a GA lock)
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Might lose Devery Hamilton to Stanford.
                                Wow. That would be tough. The offensive line class has always been strong, and that has been a given.

Comment

Working...
                                X