This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope Nussmeier was able to impress Damien Harris. This from Tyree Kinnel:

"I just know that, well basically everyone knows, that he's on the edge," said Kinnel. "I think honestly he'll decommit pretty soon just based on conversations I had with him. Hopefully we can keep him here at Michigan. Even if he does go through something like George is, but hopefully we can get him back to 100% Michigan."
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• If you keep it up (sharing all the bad news), I might only have good news to share.

Comment

• Good cop, Bad cop.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• We could use some good news.

Comment

• Fuck that. Doom and gloom is MUCH better.

Comment

• I can start talking about OSU's recruiting. That's mostly really good news.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• So Harris is considering a de-commit because Borges was fired?

And further, he's concerned about the offense that will now be run by the OC from Alabama the last 2 years?

Ok ... got it.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'd guess M's lack of success running the ball has hurt them with Harris more than anything. Not to mention the losses piling up.

Comment

• Borges was, by all accounts, the guy that was closest to Harris. So, when he leaves M loses it's best relationship with Harris. Harris then has to look at M and think if he still feels comfortable with M. Unfortunately for M, the past season was god-awful enough from an offensive perspective to, at least, plant seeds of doubt as to whether this is a program that will win. They now need Nussmeier to re-establish the relationship.

I think this is temporary. M would really have to monkey this up to ultimately lose Harris. I think he will end up at M. FWIW, I think Campbell is long gone.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Harris grew up a Wolverine fan but the Borges' connection like talent said can't be understated. They'll need to essentially re-recruit him, we'll find out a lot more what Harris is thinking if and when he speaks after the coaches talk with him after the dead period.

Comment

• As I understand it, one of Harris' coaches knew Gorges Borges from the Auburn days.
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• If a quality offensive player wants to advance his chances for an NFL contract, there is no reason for him to play for M. If he wants more than that, like an education, he MIGHT be encouraged to play for M.

But all in all, Hoke needs to get on his f'ing knees and pray to God Nussmeir can turn things around on offense. Until he proves he can do this, M is going to find it hard to attract the talent they need for sustainability going forward.

It already may be too late. M can't recruit on its rep anymore. Kids don't care about Harmon and Howard and Woodson....... They may not even know who these guys are. They know the names of current coaches that are winners. Hoke is not among that list. The family BS doesn't matter either. It's about winning, advancing your own stock and that is clearly not what M football is about these days.

The maze and blue colored glasses are off this old boy.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• M has talent in place for a good offense in '14 however they are probably too young other than at quarterback. Talent is better than anyone on the schedule other than Ohio. It's yet another year of lots of sophomores with some juniors mixed in...

Defense is more experienced, having 'some' seniors; Jake Ryan, Desmond Morgan, Frank Clark & Raymon Taylor.

Comment

• The maze and blue colored glasses are off this old boy.

This week, yes.

Comment

• M has talent in place for a good offense in '14 however they are probably too young other than at quarterback.

As you yourself point out, the defense is going to have some serious senior leadership next year. There's also a fifth-year senior at QB. So WTF?

Comment

Working...
                                X