This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget the Cold Duck ...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Upshur makes it officially FSU.

Comment

• 23 commits, Michigan ranked 6th plus the cover of GQ.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Reading the pessimistic posts here I would have thought M wasn't even ranked.
          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Aww
            Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            Reading the pessimistic posts here I would have thought M wasn't even ranked.
            Only reason they're ranked is because of the high commitments. When you go avg. ranking, they're not in the top 15.

Comment

• Dooooooooooooommmmmed!!

Comment

• Ah, the Harbaugh Effect. Like Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus, he merely stomps his feet and stars spring from the earth.

2-Star Victor Viramontes when Harbaugh discovered him, now suddenly a 4-star.

Norco, Calif. athlete Victor Viramontes has moved into the Top247. The guy is kind of a freak athletically. A big, physical athletic quarterback that can rush for over 200 yards on offense and put together multiple goalline stand tackles on defense. He's already done that once this year and more wild performances are likely to come. In addition to his playmaking ability on the field, Viramontes has impressive athletic testing numbers and is a workout warrior who should be a talent maximizer in Ann Arbor.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• A lot off topic, but this is an actual story headline on ESPN golf:

What Athletes Eat: Golfer Paula Creamer

Complete golf coverage on ESPN.com, including tournament schedules, results, news, highlights, and more from ESPN.

It has been a few years since my UM journalism class (about 50), but we were taught to be a little more careful about this sort of thing.

Comment

• Viramontes sounds like exactly the kind of player Harbaugh is looking for.

Versatile and tough.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It seems the Harbaugh Effect also shot Brad Hawkins straight down.

Anyway, congrats to Viramontes for getting the upgrade from 247, though he still remains a composite 3*. Interestingly, according to 247, Viramontes would be the 14th best player in OSU's class. Thanks for the link, OP! Good stuff!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hawkins apparently ran a 4.8 forty, not that he was ever expected to be a 4.5 guy but a legit 4.8 for a receiver is a bit worrisome unless you're running great routes and have great change of direction.

Comment

• He looks faster than that on tape, although still not a burner. And he does excel at most the other things. I still like him as a prospect.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                            Hawkins apparently ran a 4.8 forty, not that he was ever expected to be a 4.5 guy but a legit 4.8 for a receiver is a bit worrisome unless you're running great routes and have great change of direction.
                            "A bit worrisome"?

Jesus Christ

Comment

• Most of the 40 times I read I have little trust in. You'd be surprised how much people lose off their 40's when they run in a reputable camp setting.

Comment

• I was just gonna say that. I believe the 4.8 as much as I believe the 4.4s.

Comment

Working...
                                X