Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, he had "offers" from most everyone he could have wanted. I'm not sure, e.g., how hard Saban pushed -- if he preferred Tenpenny over Green or not. But, at this stage, there's nothing better coming down the pike. Your options are your options.

Green strikes me as a good "recruiting article" kid. Seems reasonably talkative; likes to give out lists, etc. But that stuff is mostly meaningless. Watch what they do, not what they say. Green's options aren't going to change. The longer it goes on, the more it seems clear to me that when Green uses "leader" it doesn't really mean much. I think he's still deciding.

The other option, I guess, is that he wants to do it on NLOID. That's possible, but I think it less likely.

So, here are my quick rules for recruiting at this time of the year:

1. If the recruit really wants in, he's in already.

2. Exception #1 -- he took a recent OV (late November/December) and wants to the announcement at an all-star game.

3. Exception #2 -- in a more rare case, he wants to wait until NLOID for his big announcement.

Personally, I don't think Green fits either exception, so I tend to think he's still not completely sold on M.

JMO -- almost no insider info, though the Scout guys did a chat last night and none of them (their national/regional guys -- not OSU guy) had a good feel for where Green was going to end up. They all say Treadwell to Ole Miss, btw, which I guess is old news.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm surprised if we get Green. He's waiting for something else to come along.

Comment

• UA hih school all american team practice is on ESPNU right now
        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• WM,

Heard anything about Poggi visiting Alabama?
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Per Mgoblog - rumor debunked.

Comment

• Green reminds me of Pryor (sorry Talent). Just likes the attenention. I don't know how it will turn out, but I am a Devon Smith fan and I think UM is OK with him and D. Thomas filling the running back position. I know Thomas is projected as a safety, but I think he will be a RB.

And two years from now, Conley will be the best WR that OSU has, curses on you Iam416 (you need a new name).

Comment

• I really hope they do not move Thomas to rb. He has the size, speed and athletic ability to be a dynamic difference making type safety. In my opinion, those are much harder to find than a good or very good rb.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                  Every time I see "Rawls" I think of Bill Rawls from The Wire. LOL. Pardon the aside.

Comment

• Exactly, JD. Your best post ever, by far. "This bad boy, McNulty is going up your narrow Irish ass. And this one, this one is in your eye."

God, I love that character.

Geezer:

I've said this before, but the guys who follow Ohio recruiting really like Smith. He may not be a great "combine" player (he's still good), but he has quick feet and good vision. In other words, I think he has actual, real running back skills.

I don't think how Green is playing it is wrong or bad, I just think he isn't sold on where he wants to go.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Green says he's going to visit other schools after he commits. Says Michigan is his leader, but I'm not hearing a lot of love:

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; January 3, 2013, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Sounds like a guy who could get flipped if he committed today. Best for him to just wait till signing day.

Comment

• well he does say that even takes more official visits, he will honor the commitment to whatever school he commits to ... assuming he keeps his word.

Comment

• ``Hey just FYI, I plan to do some stuff that doesn't look pointless at all but trust me it will be, ok?''

Comment

• Originally posted by Pasadena Blue View Post
                              well he does say that even takes more official visits, he will honor the commitment to whatever school he commits to ... assuming he keeps his word.
                              But that doesn't mesh with Hoke's "no visit" policy.

Comment

• we may not completely understand Hoke's policy .... I am guessing if Green notifies Hoke in advance and indicates he is only going for enjoyment of the recruiting process, I bet it is okay.

Comment

Working...
                                X