No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's my feeling as well. If they had that much trouble with the worst defense corp I've seen in Detroit in a quarter century, then the Hawks are in big trouble when Quick and Co. come to town. In fact, I'm thinking Kings in 5 or 6.

Comment

• Now that Patrick Roy has a coaching job, it looks like every Hall of Famer is looking for a bench gig. Both Wayne Gretzky and Mark Messier have thrown their hats in the ring for the New York Rangers job. That can only end well, right?

Pavel Datsyuk plans to sign extension with Wings and stay in America where there is relatively clean water. Also CAP drops from 70 M to 64.3M, bad timing for Pavl.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...sion-Red-Wings
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Thought so, though break for Jones, MacKinnon too good to pass up with the overall #1 pick.

MacKinnon had 13 points in four games at the Memorial Cup, including a hat-trick in a 6-4 win in the final & Tournament MVP, talk about delivering in the clutch.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...MacKinnon.html
        Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 1, 2013, 02:04 PM.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          That's my feeling as well. If they had that much trouble with the worst defense corp I've seen in Detroit in a quarter century, then the Hawks are in big trouble when Quick and Co. come to town. In fact, I'm thinking Kings in 5 or 6.
          The Blackhawks struggled to figure Howard out during Games 2, 3 and 4, in which they scored a total of two goals. 7 Rookies, Young D + Howard held.

OT, your boys Zetterberg Franzen & Datsyuk choked, a goal each over 7 games versus Chicago, if there is any finger-pointing in this.

Comment

• Been traveling, and not online at all. That was tough to watch the Wings lose in OT. But.....for a team that NOBODY expected to go anywhere, I'd say the season was a success. Lot's of those kids grew up this series. Let Holland spoend some money in the off-season, and watch out next year.

And fuck you, Weber and Parise. :-D

Comment

• Hawks to a limited extent solve Quick, patient game, 2-1 final.

Pens snake bitten the entire game, starts with Crosby hitting the post in the first minute of the match. 1-0 game for 45 minutes then a frustrated squad turned to rage. And bad things happen to the Penguins. Pittsburgh came in averaging a league-high 4.27 goals in the playoffs but couldn't solve Rask. The Penguins hit the post a handful of times and seemed a bit off following an eight-day break between rounds.

Bruins did a great job of clogging the natural zone, undisciplined play upset the Pens timing and hitting the post 4 times doesn't help your confidence.

We haven't seen playoff scoring like this since the Oilers of 80's, Pens will be much better in game 2, expect they will match that intensity and capitalize on some bounces.

Cooke is an absolute idiot, boarding, game misconduct, although Pittsburgh killed the major, after that the game ratcheted up the intensity from contentious to chippy in a matter of seconds.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 2, 2013, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• Hawks chase Quick from the net with a 4-2 victory to take a 2-0 series lead. Kings will not roll over but they can't match or contain Chicago's speed not to mention score. Expect a split over the next 2 games in LA.

Pens will bring the HEAT tonight and should draw even in the series, 4 posts and two fluky Boston goals be damned. Believe in their system and the way they play, patience, discipline, speed to the net and shoot the puck........ should do it.

I expect Pittsburgh to light up Toque Rask tonight!

If Boston clogs the natural zone with their trap again, chip and chase, get Boston's D turning to play the puck deep, aggressive forecheck will cough a few up.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 3, 2013, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Welcome to Shitsburgh!!

Comment

• Un-fuxking-real! Total collapse.

Comment

• Cindy coughed it up in the 1st minute, leading to a goal....and it was downhill for them from there. These are not the Islanders, or Sens.

Comment

• Here's the real onion, Boston fot all intent and purpose lost to Toronto. An act of God, pulled goalie, score two to tie with 30 seconds left? Bruins should be golfing.

Comment

• Be that as it may.........

Comment

• Are the flags flying at half mast at the marina today, OP?

Comment

• Here's the real onion, Boston fot all intent and purpose lost to Toronto. An act of God, pulled goalie, score two to tie with 30 seconds left? Bruins should be golfing.
                              If only the games were 59 minutes instead of 60...
                              Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Are the flags flying at half mast at the marina today, OP?
                                Yes Mike, yes it is but not for the reasons you’re thinking.

Hauled my 80 000 lb boat out of the water yesterday for scheduled maintenance, hull scrape and painting, engine and drive work, Eplex computer screen (system control), removal then shipment to Connecticut for re-programming, all said and done, 35K.

The good news is that the Pens although in crisis, (goaltending/stars/defense) can get right back in the series with a win in Boston. This Penguins Team might still win 4 or the next 5, they've got a shot.

As for Team OP, the two weeks downtime will be well spent, heading home to Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper then Vancouver & Whistler for some much welcomed vacation time. Mountain biking, hiking & reloading.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; June 4, 2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X