No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early returns on Datsyuk and Zetterberg this year are reminiscent of 2008. Those guys are dominating. Now all they need is a good finisher on the other wing.

Comment

• [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-a-XPZqYIw"]San Jose Sharks Tomas Hertl scores amazing goal between his legs - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Datsyuk has played some great hockey in his career but this first couple weeks of the season might have been his best yet. He was insane again yesterday picking pockets left and right and pretty much dominating every shift.

Comment

• Not so much for his countryman.

NOTES: Edmonton F Nail Yakupov was a healthy scratch for the second straight game. The No. 1 overall selection in the 2012 draft is pointless in four games.

"I really don't like skating all the time, and forechecking, and hitting ... ", unreal.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• His future in girl's field hockey is bright...
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• His teammates need to throw him a blanket party.

Comment

• Wings knockoff undefeated Colorado with an impressive 4-2 win and keep pace with Pittsburgh in the East although the Pens have a game on-hand.

Kronwall gets nailed, taken off the ice in a stretcher, what goes around comes around.

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Kronwall has drilled some people but I don't remember him ever boarding somebody with a shitty dirty hit like that.

Comment

• Agreed, McLeod has to let up. Kronwall, makes the right play, reverse direct against the flow, up the boards and out, he also ducks down and really exposes himself as he tries to clear, he knew he was going to get creamed, dangerous turn.

Given the bad blood between the clubs, McLeod can't resist, faces a disciplinary hearing as a result.

I do seem to recall that NK would leave his feet on many a hit, early in his career.

Like the start of the Wings under Babcock, they were terrible last year, although they almost upset Chicago.

I smell an awfully good Sochi for Team Canada under MB!
                    Last edited by Optimus Prime; October 18, 2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• The thing is, Kronwall's back is always facing McLeod. It's not one of those cases where a clean hit suddenly becomes dirty. It was a dirty hit the entire way.

Comment

• Kronwall admits partial blame for McLeod hit.

Kronwall left in the first period of Thursday’s 4-2 victory at Colorado when he was hit from behind by Cody McLeod. McLeod is facing suspension because it was a hit from behind, but Kronwall shouldered some of the responsibility for how bad the hit looked. Kronwall was turning when the hit occurred, forcing his head into the dasher.

“I shouldn’t have put myself in that situation,” Kronwall said. “He’s a forechecker. He’s one of their more physical guys. He’s just trying to do his job, and I’m putting both of us in a bad spot.

http://www.freep.com/article/2013101...all-concussion

Comment

• Wings blow a 2 goal lead to Phoenix as they get dumped 5-2. Insult to injury, Coyotes' goalie Mike Smith scores an empty net goal!

[youtube]YB6TEDp94-k[/youtube]

On a serious note GPIW, Crosby leads the NHL in scoring as well as most goals and assists, 17 points in 8 games, he's been on the ice for 15 of the last 16 Pittsburgh goals and that is without Bennett, Neal or Letang, 3 of their best players.

Comment

• What a scrap last Saturday between LA's Daniel Carcillo & Dallas' Antoine Rousell!

[youtube]aPftYPU_ds4[/youtube]

Comment

• not sure where Daniel Alfredsson fits in at 41? Didn't get an orientation camp invitation to Sochi from Team Sweden?

Wings in first place after 10 games, Alfredsson 9 points already! - dishing out the A's big time - almost a point a game. No complaints here :-)

Comment

• Wings off to great start and Alfie indeed appears to have found a home.

BTW Packy, Pens are first in the East. San Jose first overall, Wings first in their Division.

Comment

Working...
                                X