Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heck of a fight with a cool finish

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_Z4qd7m1BY&feature=player_embedded"]Combat hockey LNAH Joel Theriault VS Gaby Roch (08-03-2014) - YouTube[/ame]
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ovechkin, an NHL worst -36 for the season, essentially takes the rest of his shift off, drifting through the neutral zone while Dallas goes 200 feet to score.

Washington will NOT make the playoffs again, although Ovie leads the League with 48 goals, 22 were scored on the powerplay.

At even strength, Ovechkin is a floater and cherrypicker and at 10 M a season?

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...13021133-625-h
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; April 3, 2014, 06:53 AM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'd be surprised if he wasn't traded at this point. He needs a change of venue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          I'd be surprised if he wasn't traded at this point. He needs a change of venue.
          Not sure how you move your franchise player in his prime and at what cost?

Does he come with a promise to be defensively responsible?
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Not sure how you move your franchise player in his prime and at what cost?
            Ask Pocklington
            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ovie the Clown in really slow mo.
              [Youtube]Z9e5VWeKe8A[/YouTube]

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                Not sure how you move your franchise player in his prime and at what cost?
                You find somebody willing to give you a king's ransom for him. At this point he needs out of Washington.

My guess is that he is probably toxic in the locker room at this point too.
                Last edited by Hannibal; April 4, 2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Crosby will soon add another NHL scoring title and League MVP to his list of heroics.

Damn shame he missed nearly 2 years with a concussion but hey at 26, he will still dominate the League for many years to come.

Just ask the opposition....

More Crosby fans

Wild winger Zach Parise won't have a vote for the Hart Trophy, which goes to the league's most valuable player, but, if he did, Crosby apparently would be his choice.

"Oh yeah," Parise said Saturday. "No question.

"He is the best player in the league and in the world. No question."

Comment

• New Joisey lost last night, which means that the Red Wings magic number (points obtained by Wings or points not obtained by Devils) is 3. It's only 2 if you are talking about the Maple Leafs. Looks like 23 in a row.

Comment

• The magic number is 1 now.

Comment

• Am I reading the standings correctly? Is New Jersey really 0-16 in OT/SO games? That's incomprehensible. If they had managed to win 4 of their 11 SOs they're right there.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Looks like it. That's pretty incredible, actually.

Edit -- I take that back. The ROW includes wins in the five minute OT, so the standings don't tell you. 0-11 in shootouts is still pretty amazing by itself though.

Comment

• Ah yes. ROW. Correct.

0-11 is still staggering.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Defender of the Gold, True World Champion & Swede-Slayer makes it look way too easy.....Sidney Crosby draws in all 4 Red Wing defenders while setting up James Neal's goal. The assist was Crosby's league-leading 67th and he leads all NHL scorers by a comfortable margin.

http://beta.thescore.com/news/476372

https://screen.yahoo.com/nhl/james-n...030007430.html

Wings & Columbus with 2 games left battle to either face Boston or Pittsburgh in the 1st round of the playoffs, so goes the life of a WildCard & good luck with that.

In other news and speaking of choking.....Ovechkin, Capitals eliminated from playoff contention AGAIN.

Comment

Working...
                                X