No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The defense corps is pretty weak too overall. Not terrible, but poor offensively and turnover-prone in their own end.

Comment

• Isn't Babcock's contract done after this year? I wonder if there will be a mutual parting of ways. They fired David Lewis when he won only 1 playoff series in two years. If the Wings get sent home after five games again that will make only three playoff series victories in six years, with no brighter future immediately in sight.

Comment

• Montreal probably wins the series but no friggin' sweep. 4-2 or at worst 4-3, but nightmares occur when the team/goalie get hot. Ottawa's rookie phenom has scored 7 goals in his last 6 games and team is peaking. I shed no tears for the Habs, they've got enough hardware in their trophy case. I hope for a brutal series, wearing down (hopefully) the Wing's next opponent.

Tampa won the season series with the Wings. Lets hope the 'new season' is a new season. I haven't dug deep to look, but who goalied against TB?
        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• At least the Wings will play games 1 and 2 at JLA South.

Comment

• The Wings will get bitched in five.

Comment

• More than likely.

Comment

• Last year's Presidents Trophy winner and Stanley Cup winner both missed the playoffs. When was the last time that happened?

Comment

Jamie Benn scores a hat trick and picks up an assist with 8 seconds left in the game to edge Crosby & Tavares for the scoring title in the last game of the season!

No surprise as the 25 year old had a strong gold medal winning Olympics but played without 37-goaler tiggerman Tyler Seguin and Dallas was out of the playoffs.

[Youtube]TqyL6zoaVNk[/YouTube]
                  Last edited by Prime2; April 13, 2015, 09:34 AM.
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I just watched my recording of the Montreal-Ottawa game. Is that guy doing the play-by-play CBC's "A" guy now? He sounds like he should be doing PXP for a sun belt expansion team. Bleh.

Comment

• It occurred to me last night that I probably have less interest in this year's playoffs than at any other time the past 20 years. More than ever it feels like an epic battle to determine who is the league's least mediocre team.

Comment

• Just a generalized thought because, I agree with you, I stopped following the Wings many years ago despite an intense interest in the sport up until that time.

Though it was slowly erosive, expansion has killed my interest. Thank you greedy owners and Gary Bettman.

That a hockey game is a form of entertainment rather than a competition that used to be richly rewarding to follow, watch live or on TV makes me sad and nostalgic. It's the primary reason I have no interest in the NFL even though I love football.

The last vestige of fans who actually enjoy the intricacies of a football game and can talk intelligently about them reside in the CFB rank s and this is one of the reasons I cherish this forum.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          It occurred to me last night that I probably have less interest in this year's playoffs than at any other time the past 20 years. More than ever it feels like an epic battle to determine who is the league's least mediocre team.
                          You have to be kidding, NHL Playoffs are the most exciting in professional sport even if you have no real connection to game. Most difficult trophy to win, period. Honestly, I don't have a favorite team any more but cheer for players that are incrediabily exciting to watch.

I'm still in Europe on vacation until Saturday but can't wait to hit North America for some proper sport, most don't realize how hard these guys fight to win their series, it is remarkable.
                          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            I just watched my recording of the Montreal-Ottawa game. Is that guy doing the play-by-play CBC's "A" guy now? He sounds like he should be doing PXP for a sun belt expansion team. Bleh.
                            I think their "A" guy was doing Calgary-Vancouver. Can't recall his name but he used to do the voice for the NHL video game years ago. For at least 3 years I thought it was just an automated robot voice until I heard him on the HNIC late game. His voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Comment

• Sounds like Franzen is officially scrambled eggs. Should have signed Hossa instead.

This feels like a last go-round for this era of the Red Wings, but one of the last decade’s more familiar faces is missing: Johan Franzen, out since January with his latest concussion, almost surely out for the season no matter how deep Detroit goes, and very questionable to ever resume his hockey career.
                              Last edited by Mike; April 16, 2015, 07:15 PM.

Comment

• 1 down, 15 to go!

Comment

Working...
                                X