No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Chicago people are everywhere to get away from Chicago. They litter our beaches in West Michigan.

Comment

• No doubt, trying to get a campsite reservation on the west side of the state is a tall task.

Comment

• Bolts squander an opportunity to close out the Rangers at home in an epic collapse 7-3.

Lundqvist is now 15-3 in elimination games.

Game 7 back at MSG in NY.
        "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
          Annoying Chicago people are everywhere to get away from Chicago. They litter our beaches in West Michigan.
          FIPs.

Comment

• Screw the Dolts. The only reason they don't get my undying revulsion is Stevie Y. Once Holland retires and The Captain returns the organization he was meant for, TB can go back to their rightful place as fodder for everyone else in the league.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• World Cup 2016 played in TO. US/Canada Team under 23 join forces?!?

Alles klar, Herr Kommissar?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...141904294.html

Comment

• How does the US get 2 teams? With all of the Canadian talent, you think they'd be the country with two teams. Of course some people might find an all Canadian finals less than exciting.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• My understanding Jon is that the US and Canada will field their traditional National Teams.

Players left over that don't make the Senior Team will be rolled into a joint 23 years of age and under US/Canada squad which is exciting but not in an International battle, speaking as a Canadian in this instance. NOTHING is more serious for ANY Canadian hockey player than to get the privilege to represent your country, not even playing in the SC.

In Canada's case, because they are rather deep, players under 23 years of age that don't make the Senior Team will join US players facing the same situation.

Comment

• OP the Rangers were a lock in game 6 (as much as as I can remember in the crazy NHL playoffs) so were the Blackhawks game 6. Both games 7s I'm leaning for the homes teams. Nothing against Stevie Y, but much rather see the Rangers win tonight.

Comment

• Tampa Bay knocks off New York, 2-0 in game 7!
                      Yzerman punches his ticket to the SCF, his first as a GM.

Comment

• Takes a lot to win the Cup, you certainly need to be healthy. Ranger Captain McDonagh broke his foot. Not having him close to full strength impaired the Rangers immeasurably. That was not, however, an excuse I'm sure Tampa is banged up also. Don't see them having much success vs the Ducks/Hawk winner.

Chicago winning would be insufferable to me,

I can still hear Ken Holland bragging about the great year the Red Wings had (making the playoffs and keeping the streak alive.) Man has the bar been lowered. Go Ducks!

Comment

• Ducks - Lightning would be depressing. I'm thinking maybe I'd rather Tampa Bay beat Chicago. We can't have two teams with palm trees outside their arenas playing for the Stanley Cup. Gross.

I do think it's funny how Vigneault and Therrian keep losing every year. I can't believe people still hire those clowns.
                          Last edited by Mike; May 30, 2015, 06:45 AM.

Comment

• Lundqvist was 15-3 in elimination games, now he 15-4. Bishop was chased from the nets in game 6 while the Bolts were frankly embarrassed in the process. Rangers should of had the edge in game 7 but that meant they'd need to win two in a row, something neither team could accomplish.

Bishop outplayed Lundqvist and earned the shutout. Still King Henry was spectacular and played well enough to win, they just couldn't score. Nash had 43 goals in the regular season, only surpassed by Ovie but couldn't find the net and as for Martin St. Louis, he was just plainly terrible.

Glad to.see Tampa in the Final, think their speed matches up better against Anaheim rather than Chicago. Don't care much for Toews refusal to fold, he is a damn beast.

All ready lining up tickets for a Tampa game, this will be back-to-back SCFs for Team OP!

Planning to take the boat around the horn from Miami Beach to Tampa for the party. Stay aboard, close to the Arena, too sweet.

Comment

• Lundqvist was amazing other than the first Tampa goal. I don't think NY had 3 quality chances all night. They looked like they woke up on street corner 15 minutes before the game.

Comment

• Martin St. Louis 1 goal in 18 playoff games, UFA, won't be back.

The Rangers needed more from St. Louis and the rest of their forwards in this series, and particularly in their own building. The Rangers didn’t score a goal in their final seven periods on home ice this season, and were shut out in both Games 5 and 7.

Goaltending:

You must shut the door.

Game 7, Stanley Cup Playoff Shutout wins:

Ben Bishop-2

Pat Roy-2

Comment

Working...
                                X