No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Conference's top seed Hawks crashing and burning so spectacularly brings a grin to my face. Only scored 3 goals, and are broomed out with a clean sweep by Nashville.

Comment

• STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Hawks were long overdue for one of those turds. Their fans are lucky that they got three Cups before that. We had to endure four or five of those shitfests before winning our first modern era Cup, and then a few more since then.

Comment

• Mmmm. That ignores the 49 year drought the Hawks had between cups ('61 - '10) and the absolute cellar dweller years of 00 - 08. Hawks fans had plenty of bad years to endure before winning a modern era cup.

Age, the salary cap and the league caught up with them. Their d looked old and slow, and they haven't been able to keep a lot of the bottom 6/complimentary talent from prior years. Towed looks good but no longer great. They have some tough choices to make this summer in order to stay relevant.

Comment

• Rangers dispose of Le Tricolore as P.K. Subban plays on

Four of the top seven teams are now done & the No. 1 team Capitals still could choke.
            Last edited by WingsFan; April 23, 2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• And Nothing - Nothing ever good comes out of Columbus! That is the only real disappointment for me so far.

Then again, I guess I need one team I hate to keep it interesting

Comment

• Originally posted by paul daugherity View Post
                Mmmm. That ignores the 49 year drought the Hawks had between cups ('61 - '10) and the absolute cellar dweller years of 00 - 08. Hawks fans had plenty of bad years to endure before winning a modern era cup.
                They did technically have a longer drought than the Wings, but the Wings had about a 20 year cellar dwellar period followed by year after year of cockteasing before finally breaking through and winning one. Even during that great run we had sooooo many shitty post seasons. We had some terrible injury luck too in years where one or two healthy guys would have put us over the top *('09 the team was a M.A.S.H. unit). With Vladimir Konstantinov I think that we win at least one more Cup.
                Last edited by Hannibal; April 24, 2017, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• After the '08 Cup, the team was never the same. Granted, they almost won another one in '09, but it felt a lot different. Much less discipline and dominance despite adding Hossa and losing basically nobody from the '08 team. Lots of players fell off after that incredible '08 run. Watching the Oilers during this first round has me wondering how much of that dropoff was due to the departure of Todd McClellan. He took the Red Wings' style to San Jose and that made them a better team. He didn't get them over the top but I really like him as a coach. I would love to have him back in Detroy-it, but from the looks of it, he'll be in Edmonton for a long time.

Comment

• Some very frustrating stats from the Red Wings' glory years:

From 1992 through 2011 (the last time that the RW had home ice advantage) the Red Wings had a series record of 32-15. 11 of those 15 losses occurred in years when they had home ice advantage. In 7 series losses, they actually outscored their opponent but lost because of their shitty record in one goal games. Overall, the Red Wings compiled a 42.5 winning percentage in one goal games with a 72.1 winning percentage in two+ goal games. Lots of blowouts alternating with one goal choke jobs. Soooo much choking and bad luck in there. Four Cups was wonderful but it was the bare minimum that they could have won.

Comment

• Round 2 will have two probably great series (Pens vs. Caps and Oilers vs. Ducks and two that will be borderline unwatchable if the first round was any indication (Sens vs. Rangers and Blues vs. Preds).

Comment

• Capitals have not beaten the Penguins in the postseason since 1994.

Though the Ovechkin - cindy era is only Pittsburgh 2-0 ... Soon to be 3-0

Comment

• Washington are toast, they are so pathetic

post by me may 3rd 2016

Comment

• Penguins are 8-1 all time in playoff series against the Capitals.

Comment

• Pens aren't bad. Watch, they'll beat CBJ and the Caps only to lose to a steaming pile of shit Senators team.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Armageddon scenario -- Nashville vs. Ottawa in the Finals.

Comment

Working...
                                X