Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Penguins are 8-1 all time in playoff series against the Capitals.
    Looks like it'll be 9-1 by the end of the week.

Comment

• 17 men have won the Hart Trophy multiple times, dating back to 1923 . Those 17 men are responsible for 54 Stanley Cups. Alex Ovechkin has never been past round 2. You can blame coaching, you can blame teammates, you can blame whatever you want and nothing impacts that previous statement.

The losing culture Capitals already have had their best game of the series (game one). You could say Pittsburgh was really fortunate to play 2 perineal playoff losers in the first 2 rounds. Columbus was just happy to be there (as I feared) and failure is all Washington is at this time of year.

Another playoff flameout - regular season Holtby hanging out with regular season Bobrovsky is no surprise at all.

Duck in a must win @ Edmonton just starting - My favorite announcer Cuthbert with the call.

Comment

• And 2-0 just like that - Ducks 5 mintues in to the game. Look for the Oilers to come back.

Comment

• Wow McDavid ties game at 3 what a goal!

Ducks score right away, high scoring game 4-3 half way through

Up and down 3 on 1 for Oilers but don't score...

Comment

• Ken Holland Defends His Philosophy On Player Development

“If those (young players) have a bad game or a bad shift or stretch of bad games or a stretch of bad shifts, that’s where Jeff Blashill decides that he’s going to take ice time away or maybe sit them for a game as a message that they need to dig in harder,” Holland explained.

If Jeff felt that he wanted the kids to kind of stand on their own feet a little bit and started to play some of them together. It worked a little bit, it didn’t work and then he chose to healthy scratch, on occasion, those young players.

“ It’s a part of the process of trying to get these young players to be the foundation, the core of this team when they’re at leat 25 years of age.

Comment

• The Senators and Rangers game on Saturday was easily the best game of the playoffs so far. Crazy. The games are way better on the whole in the second round through the first half week. Last nights Oilers-Ducks game was a great one too -- closer than the score indicates.

Comment

• Yes it was, the Oilers easily could have scored more. I never say this, but John Gibson was
                the difference, fantastic in goal.

Comment

• 33 per cent of Canadians find watching the Stanley Cup playoffs stressful, and that can lead to loss of sleep and increased alcohol consumption, among other health factors.

'I've seen a couple of patients come in, ending up on a cardiac monitor from watching their favourite team.'

Dr,. Elizabeth Shouldice, an emergency room doctor at the Queensway-Carleton Hospital in Ottawa, says she's actually tended to patients who have come in because of medical issues related to watching sports.

"I've seen a couple of patients come in, ending up on a cardiac monitor from watching their favourite team."

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjDF1Saryg4"]Niskanen tossed after Crosby takes cross check to face - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Penguins score twice with goalie on bench to tie Capitals 2-2 and force OT

Comment

• Caps blew a 2-0 lead with less than 2 minutes. Oh yes they are the Caps. Backstrom icing the puck with empty net deadly

Comment

• Washington Capitals avoid sweep

Comment

• The five minute major was the right call but there shouldn't be a suspension.

If you get thrown out of a game though then the last guy that you want to commit that penalty against is Cindy.

Comment

• The only outrage I have seen is in Pittsburgh.

Ovechkin initiated contact with Crosby by slashing him around the arm then to the top of the head Sending Cindy into an awkward downward slide that sent him right into the path of Matt Niskanen’s stick.

Comment

• Nashville is looking strong, Dare I say L A Kings 012

Comment

Working...
                                X