Announcement

Collapse

FORUM POSTING RULES - Read before posting

Forum Rules.

(1) The guiding principle for posting in this forum is moderate yourselves.

(2) Don't write a post that attacks, impugns or denigrates another poster's character. There's an obvious difference between the language of humor and hateful, debased language. Know the difference and post accordingly.

(3) This is a Michigan sports forum. The forum welcomes posts from M's sports rivals. Talking smack, posting sass is what college sports rivalries are all about. Rules (1) and (2) above apply. If you don't want to view the posts of a rival talking smack or sassing, use the ignore feature in User Controls.

(4) This forum is about sharing thoughts, ideas and viewpoints about all sports, any number of subjects and issues, learning stuff from other posters and having fun. There are threads by subject matter within the forum for doing this. Keep the threads on point.

NB: The rules above are not intended to build a case to ban a poster. There are consequences for rule breaking as specified below. That's as far as it should go. Only the most egregious and persistent rule breaking would cause the moderators to consider a ban.

Due Process.

(1) The forum has 6 moderators. Jeff Buchanan, Jon, JD, Hannibal, Oracle, Entropy. None of them want to moderate adult posters who should know better. There may be posts that break the rules.

(2) Posters who, at the sole discretion of a moderator, break a rule will be given a warning post that will site one of the rules listed above as the reason for the deletion.

(3) If the rule breaking behavior continues, a moderator can remove an offending post and any ensuing post that whines about that action. If a moderator removes a post(s) the reason for the removal(s) will be posted with the removal notice that appears in the thread. This should be the end of it. Man up, take responsibility for breaking the rules. The forum moves on. If not, see below.

(4) A poster who has had a warning or a post(s) removed can certify a question by PM to any moderator about that action. Do not complain about the action or attempt to make your case in the forum/threads. Moderators shall do their best to address the question within 72h. At the end of 72h the majority opinion of the moderators responding will be the answer.

(5) Banning a poster for egregious and repeated rule breaking requires a unanimous vote to ban from all 6 moderators. We don't anticipate this will ever happen.
See more
See less

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And that will be fine also

Comment

• Holland out of town as fast as he can with 'The Caption 19' in charge. Off to Edmonton, he couldn't even wait for the Seattle job lol !!

Comment

• Ken Holland leaving Detroit Red Wings for Edmonton

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...rs/1111367001/

Comment

• Perfect fit

being clutch jonathan toews GIF

Comment

• Jeff Blashill - I wouldn't get to comfortable

"I’ve been fortunate over the last four years to have worked with future Hall of Fame general manager Ken Holland. That’s been an unbelievable experience and has helped my growth to a great degree. Now I have a chance to work with another Hall of Famer. I have an opportunity to learn and grow from him, and find ways to push his organization to where we all want it to be, and that’s on top. I know he spoke at the press conference that it takes patience. He is going to make sure he doesn’t take any shortcuts for short team to success, that is very evident. It’s a long-term plan. I think that’s great." I’m excited about the fact I get the opportunity to continue to try to drive this organization to where we all want it to be."

Comment

• Poor Helen St James, I hope shes ok.

Comment

• Its all coming together - 'Little Ball Of Hate' Pat Verbeek is coming along back as Stevie's Senior Lieutenant.

Brooming out Hollands core of scrubs for his own crew.

And Holland taking all of underling stooges to Edmonton without Yzerman having to fire them is a bonus as well.

It was all an act. A charade. Kabuki Theater brought to you by Hot-n-Ready inside the bowels of Little Caesars Arena. And like usual, the Detroit sports media fell for it hook, line and sinker. Holland was the most overrated human being in Detroit sports HISTORY. (?) Maybe...

http://detroitsportsrag.com/overrate...Ggx0KZrLY4dzE0

Comment

• This puts a smile on my face, and guess want? Edmonton fans are not happy. They're loss is our gain

4413e3ff-517b-44a4-a314-91c5df339a7b-AP_Oilers_Holland_Hockey_EDM.jpg?crop=4303,2425,x0,y78&width=386&height=217&fit=bounds.jpg

Comment

• Even got his hair cut for a change

Comment

• Blashill would not have been retained if Yzerman didn't want him. Holland hasn't been the GM for awhile. He didn't just decide to leave, and he didn't graciously step aside for Stevie Y.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• That has been floating around and is possible. Ok by me, I have nothing against Blashill (yet).

The Blues and Sharks tonight - as much as I want the Blues to win..... no.... the Red Wings have something to gain by San Jose winning this series.

The Nyquist trade to the Sharks in exchange for a 2019 second-round draft pick and a conditional third-round pick in 2020. The pick would become a 2020 second-rounder should the Sharks advance to the 2019 Stanley Cup Final or Nyquist re-sign with the Sharks.

Comment

• And I really like 'The Chief' Craig Berube, one of Probert better adversaries. I like seeing a tough guys later as a coaches. Never backed down from Probert - but (like most) should have. epic battles

This first fight I do believe was Probert's fist game back in Canada after his second arrest. The (late) great Dave Strader and still current Red Wing announcer Mickey Redmond with the call!

Last edited by WingsFan; May 11th, 2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                            Its all coming together - 'Little Ball Of Hate' Pat Verbeek is coming along back as Stevie's Senior Lieutenant.

Brooming out Hollands core of scrubs for his own crew.

And Holland taking all of underling stooges to Edmonton without Yzerman having to fire them is a bonus as well.

It was all an act. A charade. Kabuki Theater brought to you by Hot-n-Ready inside the bowels of Little Caesars Arena. And like usual, the Detroit sports media fell for it hook, line and sinker. Holland was the most overrated human being in Detroit sports HISTORY. (?) Maybe...

http://detroitsportsrag.com/overrate...Ggx0KZrLY4dzE0

Hahhhahhaha. Ken Holland under the hot lights of an insane Canadian hockey market? Yeah, handing out 7-year, $30 million contracts to guys like Justin Abdelkader is going to go over wonderfully in that town. Holland better sign that endorsement deal with Canadian “I’m Kicking” Tire(s) before he gets on the phone with Yzerman and offers Ryan Nugent-Hopkins for Luke Glendening, Danny DeKeyser and Helene St. James.

Comment

• Oh boy did the Blues get jobbed in OT. Goal should never counted, St Louis fans throwing crap on the ice.

Comment

• Whoa dont think I have ever seen so many angry interviews after the game - on both sides. Twitter meltdown ha ha

Comment

Working...
                                X