No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I was Seattle would get back an NBA team.

Comment

• When it comes to their uniforms they should do something fresh and original and make them mostly black.

Comment

• 23 years later.... I think we can call it even OP

I made my presence for the first time at LCA last night. (Right behind the Wings bench) And seen historically bad history, the Habs have 'never' in the long history of this once great rivalry beat the Wings 8 games in a row. (1926) Larkin throwing his helmet near the bench (and jimmy Howard) was a touching metaphor on his way to the locker room.

I really respect Kronwall for his service, (and Jimmy Howard) a few of the young guys looked like they need some time, but will be fine. Others who Holland love are just collecting a paycheck like that bum Helm floating around watching the other teams forwards skate right by him. . Deykser -5 for the game is just not an NHL player.

By the 3rd I was feeling no pain, and was a little vocal (between explaining the game to my friend) I started yelled a few Hockey 101s out -- "The Body not the Puck' at Filip Hronek who was lost out there all night - he looked right at me and nodded his head (not sure if he understood me). Headman the puck ...ect... A few people (who were left) got a chuckle when a guy behind me said 'you should be the coach'.

Abdelkader is another overpaid scrub going threw the motions and he didn't seem to like my backseat coaching.

LCA seating has a great view to watch the game, I miss the banners (in rows) at JLA and the 'hockey' atmosphere. Im not into all the restaurants and that punk Marshall Mathers garbage playing.

Not sure if Yzerman can bring us back to the Cup, but like Michigan football and JH its him or nobody. I cant wait till the fuck Holland is gone.

Comment

• Comment

• RIP 'Terrible Ted' Lindsay was a four-time Stanley Cup winner and he scored 851 points (no to mention the owner of 1,423 penalty minutes)

Ted Lindsay died overnight in Detroit at 93 years old. Gordie Howe's partner in crime and a mainstay in the Detroit Red Wings' pantheon of greats, Lindsay was one of hockey's great enforcers and villains. His No. 7 hangs in the rafters of Little Caesar's Arena in Detroit, and he carried that success into management.

As a player, Lindsay played a violent style that vilified him among opposing teams and fans. One of his more infamous moments came in 1956, when Lindsay and Howe were threatened by a Maple Leafs fan when the Red Wings-Maple Leafs rivalry was its peak. The fan said not to "worry about Howe and Lindsay tonight. I'm going to shoot them." Lindsay and Howe would go on to dominate the Leafs, and Lindsay skated around the ice holding his stick like a machine gun.

Comment

• Time to export Holland and Blashill, and bring in Stevie Y. Dump Abdelkader, Ericsson, Helm, and Dekeyser ($5 Million per year for Dekeyser? JFC). Also -- we've got $11 Milion of cap money going to Hank, Franzen, and Weiss for another two years. What everyone thought were ingenius ways of circumventing the salary cap 10 years ago is now a poison pill.

Comment

• Holland is in LLLLLLLoyd mode now. Oh.... you don't appreciate what I did over a decade ago (with a lot of help)? This is my team and ill do what I want! You ungrateful bastards

.... and im going to fuck you all before I leave.

Sign Blashshit for 2 more years.

Go on winning streak, so we cant get Hughes

Detroit Red Wings to extend Jeff Blashill. Fans are fuming

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...gs/3319702002/

Comment

• Yay for the second year in a row we are winning at the end of the season to get a worse draft pick. Mediocrity is only a few short years away.

Comment

• Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons; when is the last time one of these won their league/conference?

Comment

• 2012 for the Tigers
                        2008? for the Red Wings
                        2004-5 for the Pistons
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• LIons?

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                            LIons?
                            '57 or '56? Before the merger or even the Super Bowl
                            2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• LOL six straight wins now.

Comment

• The New York Islanders are playing with home ice advantage for the first time in 31 years. Wow. I hope that it's not that long for the Red Wings. i can't believe that it has already been 8.

Comment

Working...
                                X