No announcement yet.

Detroit Red Wings & the NHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Babcock, once again, fails to advance to the second round despite the management there having splurged for Tavares. He has one only one playoff series since 2011, and that was against the greatest choker in league history (Bruce Boudreaux). Speaking of choking, Babcock has made a bad habit lately of blowing 3-2 series leads. He's a good coach, but not elite like his reputation. He should have won at least one more Cup with Detroit. Joel Quenville won three in Chicago, and Babcock had a more dominant collection of talent in his first five seasons with the Red Wings.

I expect Blashill to be gone by Christmas next season. That he is still the coach after missing the playoffs three years in a row and showing nothing remotely resembling progress is amazing. I could understand it if they were getting eliminated in the final weekend, but the Wings have been effectively out of the playoff race by the All Star game each year. With that said, they aren't exactly squandering lots of talent. A great coach could get them to an 8 seed maybe, but that's about it. Holland's mismangement of the franchise has left the cupboard qutie bare. Yzerman is inheriting quite a few poison pills and it's going to take him a while to fix it all.

Comment

• LMAO. This guys' vids are awesome.

Comment

• Thanks for that Hannibal.

Babs is definitively on the hot seat in Toronto.

Obviously I went a little overboard with my posts on Yzerman, but that was a feeling I haven't had since we signed the Dominater. There is 0% Ken Holland wanted this, he will be gone to Seattle. Red Wings are in good hands and will be back contending, its going to take a while. At the very least 3 years. I think Stevie will give Blashill a little rope before giving him the axe - bringing in his own guy. Unlike Holland he will not have emotional ties to players. He made the difficult choices in Tampa to part ways with the then-face of the franchise Lecavalier, made several controversial trades, including captain Marty St. Louis, goalie Ben Bishop and former first-round pick Jonathan Drouin. No rewards for being a role model (Ken Holland)

Comment

• I don't think that Yzerman will be patient with Blashill. If they suck again and they are clearly not going to make the payoffs then I think that he is gone as soon as the season is another lost one.

Comment

• And that will be fine also

Comment

• Holland out of town as fast as he can with 'The Caption 19' in charge. Off to Edmonton, he couldn't even wait for the Seattle job lol !!

Comment

• Ken Holland leaving Detroit Red Wings for Edmonton

Ken Holland is leaving the Detroit Red Wings after 36 years, according to TSN. Holland was replaced as general manager last month.

Comment

• Perfect fit

being clutch jonathan toews GIF

Comment

• Comment

• Its all coming together - 'Little Ball Of Hate' Pat Verbeek is coming along back as Stevie's Senior Lieutenant.

Brooming out Hollands core of scrubs for his own crew.

And Holland taking all of underling stooges to Edmonton without Yzerman having to fire them is a bonus as well.

It was all an act. A charade. Kabuki Theater brought to you by Hot-n-Ready inside the bowels of Little Caesars Arena. And like usual, the Detroit sports media fell for it hook, line and sinker. Holland was the most overrated human being in Detroit sports HISTORY. (?) Maybe...

Comment

• Blashill would not have been retained if Yzerman didn't want him. Holland hasn't been the GM for awhile. He didn't just decide to leave, and he didn't graciously step aside for Stevie Y.
                        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• That has been floating around and is possible. Ok by me, I have nothing against Blashill (yet).

The Blues and Sharks tonight - as much as I want the Blues to win..... no.... the Red Wings have something to gain by San Jose winning this series.

The Nyquist trade to the Sharks in exchange for a 2019 second-round draft pick and a conditional third-round pick in 2020. The pick would become a 2020 second-rounder should the Sharks advance to the 2019 Stanley Cup Final or Nyquist re-sign with the Sharks.

Comment

• And I really like 'The Chief' Craig Berube, one of Probert better adversaries. I like seeing a tough guys later as a coaches. Never backed down from Probert - but (like most) should have. epic battles

This first fight I do believe was Probert's fist game back in Canada after his second arrest. The (late) great Dave Strader and still current Red Wing announcer Mickey Redmond with the call!

Last edited by WingsFan; May 11, 2019, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Its all coming together - 'Little Ball Of Hate' Pat Verbeek is coming along back as Stevie's Senior Lieutenant.

Brooming out Hollands core of scrubs for his own crew.

And Holland taking all of underling stooges to Edmonton without Yzerman having to fire them is a bonus as well.

It was all an act. A charade. Kabuki Theater brought to you by Hot-n-Ready inside the bowels of Little Caesars Arena. And like usual, the Detroit sports media fell for it hook, line and sinker. Holland was the most overrated human being in Detroit sports HISTORY. (?) Maybe...

Hahhhahhaha. Ken Holland under the hot lights of an insane Canadian hockey market? Yeah, handing out 7-year, $30 million contracts to guys like Justin AbdelkaderRyan Nugent-Hopkins for Luke Glendening, Danny DeKeyser and Helene St. James.

Comment

• Whoa dont think I have ever seen so many angry interviews after the game - on both sides. Twitter meltdown ha ha

Comment

Working...
                                X