No announcement yet.

Wolverines in the NBA/PISTONS/NBA in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If he does come back, and I fully think he is, then so much depends on the development of Wiggins. They know what they have in Irving. Tristan Thompson has the potential to be a solid role 4. If Wiggins can defend, and I think he can, and grow into an offensive game, that's a really nice core of young players. It's too bad the draft last year was so awful -- I mean Bennett was beyond terrible but there weren't any clear #1 picks anywhere. Also, they have a ton of #1s coming up.

IMO, he's not going back to win 2 or 3 titles for Cleveland. He's going back to win 1. And I think the team is fairly well-positioned to be really strong in a season or two. LBJ is worth 20+ wins per season, IMO. And in the East, there's almost nothing to contend with. They'd still be a long ways from the very best in the West, though, which would include Houston if Bosh moves.

IMO, he hated being the bad guy. This is an opportunity to wear white in a big time way. And it's a chance for the biggest Nike marketing campaign in, like, ever.

Anyway, despite what every "insider" I've read says, he'll probably stick in Miami and sucker me in again. Heh. Though, I really think he's back. And it would be a massive story.

Bah, I don't need to get sucked back into that shit league again. I'm so conflicted. Goddamn it.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agreed - one title out of that group or two. I dont see a dynasty.

Comment

• The "or two" is gravy. That shitstain city hasn't won a title in any major sport since 1964. If you're counting at home, that's 144 seasons (Cavs started in 1970) of consistent futility with a few good teams mixed in that generated unspeakable heartbreak -- The Drive, The Fumble, The Shot, Joe Table in the 9th against the Marlins and, yes, The Decision.

If LBJ returns home and ends that nearly unfathomable streak of wretchedness he need not do anything else. One will more than do.

And at this stage, I don't think it's an "if" he returns. He's back. Prepare for the mega Nike campaign of all-time.
        Last edited by iam416; July 9, 2014, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Oh sure. One is definitely meaningful. From a basketball/legacy perspective its underwhelming. Enjoying the NBA requires caring about how guys like him and Kobe chase Jordan.

More interesting in they can pull in Love for Wiggins. Still need a paint beast tho. That was Riley's mistake.

Comment

• I don't think I'd trade Wiggins for Love under the circumstances. The T-Wolves don't have a ton of leverage. They're not re-signing Love. Love won't do a sign and trade with most teams. Options are limited.

From Cleveland's perspective, they can probably afford to wait a year and sign Love without the trade.

The Wolves are in a crap position -- it ain't right, but that's the way the NBA works.

HOWEVER, if Love agrees to a sign and trade and they can lock him up for 4 years (or however long the NBA lets them do it), I guess I see the move. I'd rather keep the young talent, but putting Love and LBJ on the same team with Kyrie as a role player would make them a huge favorite to win the East. Not sure if it's enough to beat the best of the West -- though one would think the Spurs will eventually get old.

Comment

• Spurs are already old.

You're right, its a lot to give for Love. Take some picks back too. Flip is stupid. Maybe try something bigger. I'd rather send Irving and take back more. If you can find something else you want there.

Comment

• RIP Roy Tarpley.

Comment

• Drugs?

Comment

• Not sure. The Freep doesn't mention a cause of death.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Probably wear and tear on his body from all those years of drugs and alcohol.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                        Not sure. The Freep doesn't mention a cause of death.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/co...pley/21532135/
                        I was just asking if anyone needed some drugs.

Comment

• Oh ...

Well, ..yes.

:-)

But just don't send that creepy guy in your avatar to my house ...
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Drugs, yes.

I saw somewhere on Twitter that it was kidney failure.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              Oh ...

Well, ..yes.

:-)

But just don't send that creepy guy in your avatar to my house ...
                              All I know about my avatar is that the guy who drew it lives in Cleveland and never leaves the state of Ohio.

Comment

• Talent?

Comment

Working...
                                X