No announcement yet.

Wolverines in the NBA/PISTONS/NBA in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meet me at the Ypsi water tower in 10 minutes.

If I'm not there in 10 minutes, start without me.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Pistons are having some good games that they piss away in the final minutes, first to Miami and then to the Hawks. Good for providing 46 minutes of entertainment for fans while still gaining ping pong balls.

Comment

Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        Meet me at the Ypsi water tower in 10 minutes.

If I'm not there in 10 minutes, start without me.
        Charles said to say, "Hi".

Comment

LOL!!

Hi to Charles!

I never thought I'd miss that guy, but I do.

Comment

For having been such an f'n thorn in our sides back in our Freep Forum days, Charles sure is missed!

I'd also love to see him back, regardless of which incarnation he'd come back as, whether it was as himself, or as G Gus Spartacus, or as packfan, or as one of the TR Beavis clones, or ...

Comment

Manny may make it back to the big time this season if he keeps this going:

Harris averaged 41.0 points, 9.0 rebounds and 6.0 assists while shooting 58 percent from the floor last week.

Comment

He's talented enough to sustain a career as a reserve, bench guy.

Comment

Manny was signed by the Cavs again. It may just be a 10 day contract. I'm not sure.

Comment

Most likely.

Comment

It was a 10 day contract and he was signed to a second one today.

He had 9 points tonight in a blowout loss to the Bulls.

Comment

Anyone heard about this Jeremy Lin?

Comment

I just heard the SuperSonics don't play in the NBA anymore...

I stopped following the NBA when the Cavs & 3 refs beat the Pistons in the postseason... I'm not even sure the Pistons were a better team than those Cavs but it was clear the refs were controlling the series. Watched 30+ Pistons games a year probably back then, haven't watched more than a handful since.

Comment

You and me both, WM. I didn't watch the NBA for several years after they changed the rules to let Michael Jordan "shine". Rod Thorn and his buddies made sure that nobody would be allowed to play defense against him anymore, and they got the legend they craved for.

Looks like a lot of the same thing is going on with LeBron, although not to the same extent. He still commits offensive fouls nearly every time he gets the ball, but its never, ever called. Looks to me like the NBA has decided that its time for LeBron and his boys in South Beach to have their "first" championship. I have zero interest in watching that.

Comment

I stopped watching after Dwayne Wade was awarded the championship in.... 2006? Pistons and Mavs both got the screws put to them.

Comment

Yep, me too. It was as if they didn't even try and cloak it anymore. Watching any NBA highlights now is a study in traveling, and charging.

Comment

Working...
                                X