Wolverines in the NBA/PISTONS/NBA in general

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic: Wolverines in the NBA/PISTONS/NBA in general

Yes, there are no big stars from Michigan in the NBA. Yes, the Pistons are god awful. Yes, the lockout was a bit of a turnoff to even a die hard hoops fan like me but we may as well have this thread. These topics do come up on occasion.

Plus, there will be at least solid NBA players coming from Michigan in the next few years.

The Pistons will rise again. Right now, Brandon Knight and Greg Monroe are fun to watch and we're headed for a top 5 pick in one of the deepest drafts there's been in the last several years.

The NBA is still kind of interesting.

The NBA is still kind of interesting.
    Only if you live in LA or South Beach.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Or OKC, Chicago, Dallas, Philly, Denver, NY (because the team is still not getting their shite together and Isiah isn't around to blame)...and even Indianapolis.

Comment

I hope you're right that the Pistons will rise again---that is, if they survive the empty seats they'lll be looking at in The Palace until they put together a title contender. Apathy has set in so deeply in Pontiac that it will take at least a run to the finals to turn it around and put fannies back in the seats. Otherwise, I'd be willing to bet the Pistons either move back to The D or leave the state sometime in the next decade.

Comment

The State of Michigan should mandate that the Illitch Family own all 4 major sports franchises......;-)

Comment

From what I've heard, the Palace of Auburn Hills still holds up well against newer arenas and I also heard that out of the latest CBA that came out of the lockout, there is now revenue sharing in the NBA so the Pistons should be safe while improving their on-court product.

I'd love them to move into the city, though. I've only been out to the Palace a handful of times (maybe, maybe 10 total) and I've never liked the drive out to the sticks. Going to the Silverdome back in my younger days of Pistons fandom ('85-'88 ) was much more fun and cheaper.

Comment

I never liked the Palace. I used to relly enjoy watching Bob Lanier and Dave Bing at Cobo.......;-)

Comment

sheesh .. yer old ...

Comment

I remember seeing you getting a senior discount then.....;-)

Comment

Yeah, ... well .. yer still old. You probably remember Bob Lanier's nickname too, don'tcha? ...

Comment

Bigfoot?

Comment

"The Dobber"

Comment

I did know that, Lines......

Didn't you babysit for George Mikan?

Comment

oh .. so now you want to fistfight, huh? ...:twisted:

Comment

LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X