No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. They seem like a total boom-bust proposition on a half-to-half basis even.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
      Agreed. They seem like a total boom-bust proposition on a half-to-half basis even.
      When the brackets come out on Sunday, they have to be the hardest pick to make in the 1st round.
      Iowa will either be a 7 or 8th seed. So in the 7th vs 10th OR 8th vs 9th seed game, how can anyone be comfortable with picking Iowa?

Flip a coin, that's easier than making a guess with Iowa.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oh man, Texas just blew a game.

20-13 Texas team... not a fan of them getting it in. Then again, IDK if there is much else.
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• best at free throw distractions...
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Looks like Sean Miller is taking a page of Tom Crean vs Syracuse on how to attack a zone. Or JB vs EMU this year. WTF are they doing?

Comment

• Tate is the new Craft.

Comment

• What are they doing? Blowing OSU the fuck out.

Comment

• So I've watched about 20 games of the tourney so far. If my math is correct, teams are shooting an average of 22% from the floor. The "official jumpshot" of the NCAA tourney is when the ball gets wedged between the rim and backboard. Seriously, WTF are these guys doing when their tutors are writing their papers for them?? I figured they used that time to practice basketball.

Comment

• You sure your math is correct?

Comment

• The rise of one-and-dones and guys going straight to the pros has lowered the average caliber of players at even the major programs. On top of that, gradual rules changes and changes in officiating styles have given greater and greater advantage to the defense over the past 25 years.

Scoring is down. The game is slow. Players are bolting for the N.B.A. after a year. Many believe college basketball needs “an extreme makeover.”

I saw this stat on another board and don't know if it's 100% accurate but it's revealing

In 1990, there were 82 teams that averaged over 80 points/game and 14 that averaged over 90.

Today? There's a mere 5 teams that average over 80 and there hasn't been a single team to average 90 since 2009.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        You sure your math is correct?
                        You sure your sarcasm detecter works?

Comment

• Hit n miss obviously.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            The rise of one-and-dones and guys going straight to the pros has lowered the average caliber of players at even the major programs. On top of that, gradual rules changes and changes in officiating styles have given greater and greater advantage to the defense over the past 25 years.

Scoring is down. The game is slow. Players are bolting for the N.B.A. after a year. Many believe college basketball needs “an extreme makeover.”

I saw this stat on another board and don't know if it's 100% accurate but it's revealing

In 1990, there were 82 teams that averaged over 80 points/game and 14 that averaged over 90.

Today? There's a mere 5 teams that average over 80 and there hasn't been a single team to average 90 since 2009.
                            which is why the claims of Kentucky being the best ever... I don't buy it. Best this year, but I'm not sure they are as skilled as some of the past great teams.
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• MSU up on UVA. Win or lose, this is why I'm more of the Izzo school than the Beilein. Izzo's system lacks the upside of Beilein's when Beilein's is hitting on all cylinders, but he can win with conditions less favorable and with a talent gap. We'll see if it balances out in the end, but MSU's defense-first system can win without offense and can often create opportunities for offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                Izzo's system lacks the upside of Beilein's when Beilein's is hitting on all cylinders.
                                Upon what are you basing this? Izzo has a national championship and four more Final Fours on top of that, to go along with four conference tournament titles.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; March 22, 2015, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X