No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of which, the NHL has done a decent job of spreading out its championships since the institution of the salary cap, although it has made for some crappier hockey. Parity definitely has its downsides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

Ultimately, I just want to see a Michigan team win a championship.... I've never seen it.
      Tigers 0-2, Pistons 0-1, MSU 0-1, Michigan 0-0 (1-10 vs OSU), and the Lions will never get there.
      Are you unfamiliar with the Detroit Red Wings? They won the Stanley Cup in 2008. The Pistons won the NBA in 2004. I'm not sure how old you are but Sparty won the NCAA tourney in 2000 as well. There have been several near misses since the 2008 Stanley Cup, however. The 2009 Cup Final, 2011 NCAA hockey final, 2012 World Series and 2013 NCAA bball final.

Comment

• that stat on CB winners would be similiar looking at football till this past year..

College sports will lose fans if this trend continues for another decade or so..

also.. OWH thoughts on last nights game: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/bigten/...2dfb68ee2.html
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Kentucky just wasn't that good. Harrison twins kinda suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
            Champions since 2004:
            UConn, UNC, Florida, Florida, Kansas, UNC, Duke, UConn, Kentucky, Louisville, UConn, Duke.
            Now consider what it would be like if BB had been selecting its national championship participants via a popularity contest like football has until this year. That list might only have 3-4 teams on it.

Comment

• Yes, but then OSU wouldn't have won last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Are you unfamiliar with the Detroit Red Wings? They won the Stanley Cup in 2008. The Pistons won the NBA in 2004. I'm not sure how old you are but Sparty won the NCAA tourney in 2000 as well. There have been several near misses since the 2008 Stanley Cup, however. The 2009 Cup Final, 2011 NCAA hockey final, 2012 World Series and 2013 NCAA bball final.
                Started watching sports a couple months after the Pistons won in 2003/2004... Just missed their title.

Nothing since. I honestly don't care about the NHL / hockey. Never liked it for some reason... But good for Red Wings fans... It's obviously popular in Michigan.
                MLB, NCAAF, NCAAB, NBA, & NFL... Yes.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/_robanderson/status/585460089529720832[/ame]

College basketball attendance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Probably 8-9 of the most boring places to be in the country.

Comment

• I wasn't sure where to put my post given the thread titles, but here it is:

"Sam Sedlecky ‏@SamSedlecky 6h6 hours ago
                      Hearing from sources that Caris LeVert is highly likely to return to Michigan for his senior season."

Also, LeVert is no longer in the 1st Round in Chad Ford's recent mock draft.

LeVert will probably be back.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The ACC Challenge match-ups later this year. How the hell did Indiana get paired up with Duke?

Get excited, Big Ten basketball fans! The matchups for the 2015 Big Ten/ACC Challenge were released Wednesday afternoon.

Monday
                        Minnesota v. Clemson
                        Rutgers v. Wake Forest

Tuesday
                        Maryland @ UNC
                        Ohio State v. Virginia
                        Michigan @ NC State
                        Purdue @ Pittsburgh
                        Northwestern @ Virginia Tech
                        Nebraska v. Miami

Wednesday
                        Indiana @ Duke
                        Wisconsin @ Syracuse
                        Iowa v. Florida State
                        Illinois v. Notre Dame
                        Penn State @ Boston College
                        Michigan State v. Louisville

Comment

• That's fine with me. Duke doesn't lose in those mofo challenges. Gonna be good to see Crean take one on the chin.

Comment

• Sweet. NC State's 4 hours away from me, and unlike 2 years ago @ Duke, I'll have a shot at getting in the building at a reasonable cost.

Comment

• Stole this post from another board, but I didn't get a chance to hear the interview myself so I don't care. Good stuff from Gregg Marshall on the Boehim and Pitino:

"To preface this, I've been really impressed with the job Gregg Marshall has done, first at Winthrop and now at Wichita State. His career winning percentage is .715 at those two schools. Before we extended JB (great news!), Marshall was a coach I thought we should take a hard look at the next time around. I still think that, but who knows where anyone will be in six years.

Anyway . . .

He was interviewed by Jim Rome this morning, and Rome asked him about the Syracuse scandal, and the Rick Pitino scandal.

I expected the normal coach speak answer - "I know both guys, they both have a lot of integrity, I don't believe either knew what was going on, it's hard to police every aspect of your program," etc., etc.

Not at all. He said - I know both guys, and they have both been very nice to me, but I'm disappointed with both. Sometimes coaches aren't satisfied to be top 10, or top 15, or top 20, and instead they want to win it all every year, which causes them to cut corners. This stuff gives everyone in the profession a bad name, and makes the average fan think it happens at every school, when it doesn't. And it's not a victimless crime, either - coaches get fired for losing to guys who cheat.

Refreshingly candid, and needless to say I doubt he'll be getting a Christmas card from either Boeheim or Pitino. Interesting that Marshall, along with JB, were the two coaches who joined Pitino and Boeheim for a "coaches roundtable" before the 2013 Final Four."

Comment

• Very good to hear. Izzo's comments, OTOH, were straight out of the coaches playbook.

Comment

Working...
                                X