B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    I have little doubt that the NCAA will finally crack the whip on these cheaters and dish out some brutal punishment, like making them promise to never do it again and declaring certain prior years to be non-canon. From now on bag men will think twice about all of the pain and suffering that they are going to subject the fan base to when all of those asterisks get put into the record books!
    Depends on what you're expecting. I'm assuming, anything less death penalty and shutting programs down is a slap on the wrist to you. There's gonna be high profile coaches getting canned, bare minimum.

Comment

• You have to read Mark Emmert's statement regarding this in Captain Renault's voice for the full effect. He is shocked that this is going on. The NCAA was blindsided by this investigation. Emmert probably welcomed this news like an old man welcomes a flaming brown bag of dogshit on his porch

Comment

• I read it. Hilarious.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          I'm assuming, anything less death penalty and shutting programs down is a slap on the wrist to you.
          Yes, you are correct. There is absolutely no such thing as a meaningful punishment that lies somewhere between "vacated victories" and "death penalty".

Brilliant insight, as always!

Comment

• Yes, you're the king of mild analysis. As always!

Comment

• Coaches getting fired isn't enough?

Comment

• I should adopt a posting style where 99% of my posts are one or two line shitposts that offer absolutely no actually commentary or opinions on sports but are instead entirely about the other posters in the forum (none of which actually ever engage anyone intelligently or address anyone's arguments logically).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  I have little doubt that the NCAA will finally crack the whip on these cheaters and dish out some brutal punishment, like making them promise to never do it again and declaring certain prior years to be non-canon. From now on bag men will think twice about all of the pain and suffering that they are going to subject the fan base to when all of those asterisks get put into the record books!
                  Maybe we just misunderstood?
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Yup, nothing in between Hot Take Hannibal Bayless and whatever else it is you tried to say. Brilliant analysis, as always!

Comment

Yup, nothing in between Hot Take Hannibal Bayless and whatever else it is you tried to say. Brilliant analysis, as always!
                      I should adopt a posting style where 99% of my posts are one or two line shitposts that offer absolutely no actually commentary or opinions on sports but are instead entirely about the other posters in the forum (none of which actually ever engage anyone intelligently or address anyone's arguments logically).

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      Coaches getting fired isn't enough?
                      As an institutional punishment that legitimately deters cheating?

You tell me.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; September 27, 2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• GASP!! You mean I don't treat the Detroit Lions Michigan forum message boards as my personal thesis?? Fuck me.

You shouldn't take yourself so seriously all the time Hot Take, no one else does.

Comment

• So, anyway, Pitino getting canned is a slap?

Comment

GASP!! You mean I don't treat the Detroit Lions Michigan forum message boards as my personal thesis?? Fuck me.

You shouldn't take yourself so seriously all the time Hot Take, no one else does.
                            That's your excuse for never having attempted to logically deconstruct anyone's arguments that you disagree with and, instead, always relying on one-line potshots and simplistic strawmen?

Comment

• Excuse or reason? Buchanan chooses to write multiple enclyclopedias daily and Wiz farts all day. No room for "nothing in the middle"? This shit isn't that deep dude. I have in person people I talk to about shit as well.

Comment

• Like out friend Polonius says, "Brevity if the soul of wit."

Comment

Working...
                                X