No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There will be no nuance. Everybody knows who was the real champion of 2013 anyways.

Comment

• The only good thing that came out of that season was that the NCAA realized that the clutching and grabbing on the perimeter was ruining the game and acted on it.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• oh oh
        The documents show an operation that could create NCAA rules issues for at least 20 Division I basketball programs and more than 25 players, including some of the biggest names in the sport.

duke Kentucky NC ncstate michigan state kansas alabama all etc etc etc

lot of still active players could be in jeopardy for the tourney
        Last edited by crashcourse; February 23, 2018, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• The sport is as dirty as the cynics have always said. Damn near every major program has a current or former player implicated here.

Comment

• There's no program tie, though (yet). It's just agents paying kids. Which, TBH, is neither immoral or wrong outside of NCAA regs.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, feeling very, very good about Ohio State. They're not at all in this, and I doubt they ever were.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                There's no program tie, though. It's just agents paying kids. Which, TBH, is neither immoral or wrong outside of NCAA regs.
                Oh sure, it's not immoral in my opinion either. The records indicate Izzo had dinner with Dawkins, the bagman, though. As well as some Villanova coaches.

Comment

• on the selfish prickish POV

if some of these kids get suspended for this we could make it to the second weekend!

Comment

• We knew that Sexton was named initially. Bama sat him until the NCAA cleared him. Inless they have something that implicates Avery Johnson, I am not worried about it.

I think Bruce Pearl will get hammered, though.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Also, feeling very, very good about Ohio State. They're not at all in this, and I doubt they ever were.
                      If the guideline is "if you've had a first-round pick in the last three drafts", well, DeAngelo Russell. I know nothing about the kid or why he left Kentucky for Northern Kentucky.

(Srsly, I could certainly see it being a one-off. If Matta was willing to do what it takes to play on that stage you'd think he would have pulled more than just Russell in his last decade on the job. Some kids are different.)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        We knew that Sexton was named initially. Bama sat him until the NCAA cleared him. Inless they have something that implicates Avery Johnson, I am not worried about it.

I think Bruce Pearl will get hammered, though.

in other words, bama knows how to get by these little issues...

:::hello:::
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• there were a few names listed connected to big dollar amounts

Dennis Smith, NC State: $73,000
                          Isaiah Whitehead, Seton Hall: $37,000
                          Bam Adebayo, Kentucky: $36,000
                          Tim Quarterman, LSU: $16,000
                          Diamond Stone, Maryland: $14,000
                          Markelle Fultz, Washington: $10,000
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Miles Bridges named as well, but not for as big a $ amount. Still, he could be ruled ineligible.

Comment

• Sparty's shia/martyr complex would explode

Comment

• For the most part, the list of alleged schools (Duke, UNC, Kentucky, Kansas, MSU, Louisville, Wichita St, LSU, USC, Texas, Alabama, South Carolina, Xavier, Clemson, Maryland, and Utah) isn’t surprising.
                                Utah being the one I didn’t see coming because why.

Auburn not in trouble with this? or did they do something else. I’m a little surprised not to see their name.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X