B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I usually don't do much for the NCAAs. I run so much CFB/NFL shit that I usually take a break. And, TBH, brackets are brackets. Anyone can run them and collect money. Going beyond brackets to something really interesting is tough. Last time I went full on degen for NCAAs was 1992. Drove from Columbus to Pittsburgh for a Carnegie-Mellon team auction (payouts based on performance and awarded as percentage of total pot). Contribute $400 to consortium that bought USC and Harold Miner. That was roughly $200 more than I could afford to lose. James fucking Forrest's bullshit 3 at the buzzer sent USC home in the 2nd round. I ate tuna fish for two weeks.

I've also done an auction (way less than the above) where you bought teams and played them against the spread. If you team covered but lost, you acquired the winning, non-cover team. That was truly degenerate because, well, you, at most, had spreads for one game. LOL.

However, I do have a low cost semi-interesting contest you can enter -- pick 8 teams. You have to pick 1 team from seeds 1 thru 5 and then 3 wildcards. You get points based on wins and the points are award per win X seed value. So, a 2-seed gets 2 points per win and a 16-seed gets 16. The 3 wildcards can be any seed.

Post your 8 teams if you're interested. I think it's only $20 or something, so hardly worth the time, but it does create a mild rooting interest.

Oh, I'm also running an Ohio Division 1 HS BB pool contest, but you're too late for that. Big upsets last night as Copley takes down Massilon Jackosn and DSL's beloved alma mater, Lorain, shocks state power St. Ed's.
    1-Nova
    2-Duke
    3-Mich
    4-Gonzaga
    5-WVU
    WC-Providence
    WC-Texas Tech
    WC-MSU

Comment

• Crash:

You're entered.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Last year, several people had Xavier (including me). They were the high point team with 33. South Carolina was 2nd with 28, but no one had them. I think you needed to have Florida and Oregon and Xavier to win last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          The Oracle:

I sent you a private message -- just email the dude.

Crash:

Will do. I'll send him the picks and give him your email address so you can keep apprised of contest.
          Appreciate it.

Comment

• Loyola to upset Miami today!
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• That's neat. Any other year I'd be in, but travelling now. There was a fistfight on my flight two rows up from me. Free Drinks on Airplane Guy strikes again.

I will be inhaling Georgian dumplings within the hour.

Comment

• thanks Iam416

nice to have some house money to spend before I blow the rest of it on officepool.com

Comment

• Zags stole one.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sure did. A couple bad possessions by Greensboro. Most importantly, Greensboro lost by less than 12’.

Comment

• Love Loyola. Hate Miami.

Comment

• Loyola paid me to lecture. First class air and put me up at the Fairmont- Millennial Park and got me tickets to a Bulls game. Row 2 behind the Bulls bench.

Big Loyola fan now. HUGE.

Comment

• Miami has given me fuckin' nothing. Hate them!

Comment

• South Dakota State with the lead!

Comment

• Up by 4!

Comment

• Come on Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                                X