No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I remember when Ohio State used to be good.

I had a friend who was a big baseball player...back in high school
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• They aren't the only things to have passed you by.

Comment

• I remember when hack was cogent...

wait...no I don't
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Almost entirely predictable final 3 rounds the NCAA. Once the left side of bracket broke and M miraculously survived the best team they'd play in 5 games, it was pretty clear M would walk to the final unless they played their F game. And it never really looked like Villanova was going to lose, though you wonder maybe a little against WV, TT and, in theory, KU. Meh. Boring. Probably one of dullest FFs I've watched.

Comment

• EFZ
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• At least had Loyola been there to be the sacrificial lamb we could have been entertained with camera shots of Sister Jean wondering where she was every three minutes...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yeah, they at least had a "story" to them. Good gawd -- if it were M-KSU instead? Fuck. That's a mid-tier non-conference December game that no one cares about.

Basketball is a funny sport, especially tournament basketball. I wish the NBA would go to a single-elimination tournament. And cut the teams down from 16 to 2. And not broadcast it.

Comment

• Heh
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• shockingly lucid
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I see that this is still the sour grapes thread.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Oh. Well, sure. I mean M made an unbelievable tournament run, beating some fantastic teams and the Final Four produced 120 minutes of compelling, mesmerizing games that weren't at all over with lots of time to spare.

I haven't read the hoops thread -- I'm sure M got hosed by the refs last night despite sending multiple Nova players to the bench with 4 fouls and shooting the double bonus with 10+ minutes left. Amiright? I mean, since you brought up sour grapes.

Comment

• M Championship. OSU?

Sour grapes.

Don't worry though, football season is coming
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I haven't read it either. M lost ...... actually got the shit kicked out of them by a much better team. Such is life.

...... and you're spot on. This particular M B-Ball team had the easiest road to the FF of any I can recall. Maybe all time among the usual contenders.

Anyway ....... FOOTBALL!!!

Oh, wait, Hockey and oh, my osu is in that tournament.

Sadly, or maybe not, I'll be in Australia for that one, will miss the spring game, all the hype about Patterson, predictions for an undefeated season and/or national championship, rumors that HARBAUGH!!! is different this season and the defense is awsome (which it will be).

So, basically, I'll miss nothing of importance.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• if it were M-KSU instead? Fuck. That's a mid-tier non-conference December game that no one cares about

kinda like the cottonbowl snoozefest this year that even the LA folks failed to turn on once the starting qbs were announced

Comment

• and you're spot on. This particular M B-Ball team had the easiest road to the FF of any I can recall. Maybe all time among the usual contenders.
                                This year's squad isn't particularly good, IMO. They're a nice team that put together a great B10 tourney and fell ass-backwards into the title game. IMO, they'd lose by 15 points to the 2014 team lost to UK in the Regional Finals. IMO, they'll be better next year, but god knows how their tourney draw or performance will shake out.

Anywho, it's a great feather in the cap for a team of their overall quality -- and in basketball folks do count FFs and Title games as feathers, so it was the quite the finish. But, it's pretty hard to deny, as you note, the path to the title game.

kinda like the cottonbowl snoozefest this year that even the LA folks failed to turn on once the starting qbs were announced
                                Kind of. The Cotton Bowl was certainly boring, but they were two pretty good teams. I'd say more like the Temple-FIU bowl game in both terms of interest and quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X