No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just so leisurely in comparison. But without question the reffing is an absolute shitshow. Dawkins shouldn't have to think about that missed dunk the rest of his life because the refs sucked. You shouldn't have to be absolutely perfect in order to demand competence.

Comment

• fuckin' refs
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That is ALWAYS a charge except in the last minute of a close game by a star player. Push in the back should've been called too by Barrett.

Comment

• Barrett barely touched him. The kid played it soft. The offensive foul was a 50/50 call.

Whatever. It was a great, great game. Just great. Those who always find injustice with the refs will remember that.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Always coach your players to push in the back for rebounds because the refs will rarely call it. They might call it 10 percent of the time.

Comment

• That's also why you coach players at an early age to stick your ass into their thigh and lean forward. (A) You're creating space; (B) your back is exposed for all to see. It takes a full extension shove to move you. When you're upright the guy behind you can get away with a little shove -- not wild -- but little. RJ Barrett isn't Charles Oakley. The rebound should have been UCF's all day long.

Now, what happens after that? That kid is shooting two. In almost every situation Duke has a chance to win or tie.

Whatever. As I said, it was a fantastic game full of huge plays. Way, way, way more huge plays made than any failed plays. Aside from the winner, it was thoroughly enjoyable to watch.

Comment

• That's true, my point still stands, always push in the back on rebounds it gives you an advantage and they won't call it. That's advance level basketball, the dark arts if you will and Duke has the master at coaching that going all the way back to Laettner.

Comment

• Heh. Well, it may be "dark arts" for Duke, but in the B10 it's open and spotlighted. Them boys know the key is a war zone and ain't no bitch ass guard gonna move someone off the block on a FT check out. Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. You think Aloysius Anagonye or Jared Sullinger or Frank the Tank or Isaac Haas is getting moved? Fuck that shit.

Comment

• Izzo teaches box outs differently than standard coaching, they are taught to hit, find and fetch. That's his trademark.

Comment

• Yes, I know. I like this approach. Not for the kids I coach, heh...but for his team.

Comment

• Unrelated to the AAGHH OFFICIALZZZ!!!!!, but I had a great time watching UNC in person. My son is sort of getting to age of where he sorta understand basketball more than just watching the ball. He still hasn't played against any zone, though. So, it was awesome to watch UNC play Washington's shitty 2-3 (and Iona's). Ignoring the zone-stretching 3s from White and Cam, UNC basically pounded the high post. And they did it in a really basic way that was easy for him to see and understand. Mostly it was just attack with the ball, draw the zone, take a good shot/position for offensive board and score. But, at one point, Maye got the ball and found someone (fuck if I care) on the perfect dump down. My son immediately said -- that's the Hi-Low!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          Suck it, crash
                          had no chance in second round with wade out anyway.

theres a reason I picked Oregon in that contest 416

unfortumately 4 or 5 others picked Oregon too.

need f;lorida state to beat gonaga

Comment

• I thought the UCF matchup for Duke might be their toughest until the FF...maybe even the finals...with UCF's ability to squeeze teams due to their freakish height and Duke's less than average trey ability...Duke needed a super human effort from Shoe Boy to win...and a couple of short misses by the Orlandians...

Nonetheless...the teacher beat the student...and Dook moves on...

fuckin' refs
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My Elite 8 of Dook, Sparty, Zag, Meatchicken, Ducky, Vals, UNC and Kensucky are all still in play...FF I have Dook, M, Val and UNC...Dook-UNC Part iV in the title with Shoe Boy going out with the title...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If MSU gets to face Duke, I like their chances better than I did prior to the tournament. They would still be underdogs, but it isn't insurmountable.

Comment

Working...
                                X