No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If TT is going to win the championship, they'll have to beat a team with a similar style. I imagine TT vs Virginia will be like watching the M vs TT game again...
    I'm going to enjoy it, but not sure it'll get media attention. It's like the Spurs vs Pistons NBA Finals all over again.

Refreshing to see a new team win it all... a good thing for college sports (football/ men's basketball).
    Sick of seeing the elite programs win championships every year.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Tech's to lose. Virginia was in a bracket with a bunch of other chokers, so they couldn't choke their way out early, but they did their best to choke their way to a loss yesterday.

Tech is freakin good, and that defensive scheme is going to be very popular very fast.

It's a real shame Michigan was missing something in the mix this year, because there were no dominant teams. A missed opportunity for all the second-tier programs like ours who often get to the final four and get smacked around by a blue blood with surplus NBA talent.

Comment

• I am just glad Auburn lost.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Both losers created significant amounts of happiness, for sure. There is still good in this world.

Comment

• self says he isn't going anywhere. Kansas is under investifgation I'm sure they'll find something

I thought beard might be in the mix for the ucla job ---supposedly he wants to stay in Lubbock though--his family is all settled there and he has a top 5 class coming next year

the more interesting issue is what does the ncaa do with avenatti's claims about duke and and zion--among others. pictures, payement details--avenatti seems to have a lot of info

Comment

• AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Well I hope Beard stays, then, but it's hard to believe. The game will evolve to sort out that defense, but it's going to take a while. LOL @ UCLA, agreed. You'd think. If Beard can recruit to Lubbock, imagine what he could do in LA...

Comment

• The players would already be getting paid if they didn't have to pay every non revenue athlete too...

Football and less so basketball allows every P5 program to stay viable.

Comment

• "Lucrative offer" ... wtf. It's like people forget Chris Holtmann makes $7M per +
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• UCLA is generously helping coaches score paydays and learning some hard truths about themselves as well.

Comment

• Pretty amazing that a program can go from losing to a 16 seed to winning it all the next year.

Comment

• STFU
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Virginia got through by the skin of their teeth

2 overtime games--a 1/2 court pass to a bigman who calmly swiched a 15 footer with no time

behind to a 16 seed with 10 minutes left in the game

a missed double dribble then a foul on a 3 ppointer all with less then 5 seconds left

would have rather seen ttech win but all in all entertaining fun tournament with new blood winning it all

Comment

• ...only bad thing about Vagina winning is having to listen to rickart...

...of course I could still use the old "Tire Bowl" shtick...or the Chaminade smack to put him down...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• anybody have a clue how they reversed the call on moretti in the OT when ttech was down 2 with a minute left

I flipped the channel thinking it was ttech ball and next thing I know they gave it back to vagina--sure no evidence moretti touched that ball that I saw

Comment

Working...
                                X