No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the media fucking nails their COY choice! JB.

Comment

• 2nd team All B1G:
      Coaches
      Levert
      Payne
      Dekker
      Ferrell
      Newbill

Media switches Craft for Dekker.

Congrats Caris!!

Comment

• JB on what the award means to him: "It doesn't mean anything to me. I think it's Tim Miles award"

Comment

• For those keeping track, that's TWO B1G POY in a row(consecutive) for Michigan.

Comment

• All Freshman team, again no surprises:
            Nunn
            Vonleh(FOY)
            Walton
            Stephens
            Hayes

Comment

• Well thats cleared up. Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't give a rats arse about the COY...the job Miles and JB have done are remarkable. Both deserve it. The thing that amazes me about Miles is...he took a piece of total shit and made them a top tier team in a tough ass conference. NU was picked DEAD FUCKING LAST and frankly given what NU had and the league they are in who would argue. I didn't. When NU upset tOSU in Lincoln Talent said NU was total shit and it was an embarrasing loss...and who would argue? I didn't. I agreed and thought that was NU's one upset for the year. At 1-5 in the league who would have thought NU would finish 11-7? You would have got better odds on Talent having a rational thought (1,000,000 to 1 in Vegas) on that. I think Miles is COY all things considered but had JB won it I would have been fine with it.

Out.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They both won, so everybody's fine with it.

Comment

• Lol I think it's a little sad to see my Boilermaker Hammonds as a 1st team defense.
                    I know Hammonds is a presence because of his size and decent athletic ability...
                    But the dude has no heart, has a poor motor, and has an awful bball IQ. When Hammonds wants to, he can be the best player on the court. It's too bad that only happens 20% of the time.

But yay, I guess it is alright to give us Boilermakers something. We were only last in football AND basketball this year. WooHoo!
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• re: hiring at places like M & Nebraska, Michigan Men and such...

It was clear the last head coaching search was heavily influenced by big money donors looking and they clearly wanted a so-called Michigan Man as opposed to the best candidate available. Most all of there candidates were so-called Michigan Men; Hoke, Harbaugh, Miles though Ferentz was clearly a candidate too...

I don't know if this is true at all or any other universities but I believe after a certain period of losing or mediocrity, the desire for a so-called Michigan Man becomes much lower on the list of priorities than that of being an excellent coach. If you lose to your rivals long enough, I've seen some universities losing their ethics and hire coaches known to play in the gray and black area of the rules.

Comment

• Well I don't know about big money donors, but I do know Lloyd Carr had a thing or two to say.

Comment

• Obviously losing to Ohio State on a routine, long-term basis isn't enough to push M to actively pursue a, well, really good coach. Hopefully getting their shit packed by Dantonuzzi won't do it either. Fingers crossed!
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Lloyd Carr himself doesn't have much sway with Dave Brandon. Maybe his friends, some of whom maybe major boosters to the athletic department, might. I still think the fan base which includes those major boosters to M's athletic department had far too much input in to M's last head coaching search in football which nearly demanded a Michigan Man as head coach. (since this discussion has shifted to football, I'll make any replies elsewhere.)

Comment

• There's, um, a thing or two, so to speak, in John Bacon's book about what influence Carr has had in the last two coaching hires.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post

But yay, I guess it is alright to give us Boilermakers something. We were only last in football AND basketball this year. WooHoo!

How does that happen at Purdue?
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X