B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad to see KU lose
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Good-bye to Wichita State. A #1 seed bites the dust. Kentucky made more key shots down the stretch.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Hate that it was Kentucky that knocked them out...at least either Louisville or Kentucky will be gone after the next round. They're the only truly asshole-filled fanbases still left in the tourney

Comment

• B1G/NCAA basketball

Agree strange.... But when it comes to Kentucky... They are sec. So they suck no matter what

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            Agree strange.... But when it comes to Kentucky... They are sec. So they suck no matter what

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Agreed...have to root for L'ville

Comment

• Virginia is the only ACC team left...playing Memphis tonight

Comment

• Last 3 years (2012-to-2014) S16 appearances:
                B10: 11
                ACC: 7
                SEC: 6
                AAC: 6
                B12: 5
                Pac: 5
                BE: 3

Comment

• National titles?

Comment

• Last four years:
                    SEC - 1
                    Big East - 2
                    ACC - 1
                    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• LQR is supposedly out at OSU. Good news.

Comment

• Supposedly mixed reports on that now. Still think he's gone.

Also, Vonleh is gone to the NBA and the Hoosiers also lose depth players in Etherington, Hollowell and some other scrub I don't think I ever saw play. Fuck Crean.

Comment

• Not sure why he'd leave, he's a 2nd rounder though he'd probably be the same after next season too without significant development.

Comment

• Ross is, without question, going pro. The dubious part of is that he's declaring for the NBA. Perhaps the Italian league or something. But he's definitely 100% gone and it's been that way for awhile. He'll go play in Europe like Thomas, Lighty and Diebler and make a decent wage while he can.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 48 minutes ago • By BRIAN ROSENTHAL / Lincoln Journal

Nebraska’s success in men’s basketball this season has already helped one Husker assistant coach advance his career.

It’s also a big reason interest isn’t exactly lacking in the newly vacated position on Tim Miles’ coaching staff.

Miles, the Nebraska head coach, said he’s been “beyond inundated” with inquiries, noting that as of mid-afternoon Monday, he’d received more than 400 text messages relating to the opening.

“I’ve responded to about 30,” Miles said.

He’s looking to replace longtime friend and colleague Craig Smith, who Monday was introduced as head coach at South Dakota.

Miles said he has no timetable for replacing Smith, and wouldn’t discuss any names or potential candidates, per his policy.

Smith served as the right-hand man to Miles while rebuilding programs at North Dakota State and Colorado State, and came to Nebraska to do the same.

That Smith is leaving after only two seasons neither surprises nor disappoints Miles, who’s always said Smith would someday be leading his own college program.

“I believe unconditionally in Craig,” Miles said. “I think he’s a tremendous coach. I think he’s a great leader. He’s cut out to be a Division I head coach, and a successful one at that.

“From a program standpoint, yeah, it hurts, but from a personal standpoint, I’m just happy and proud for him and his family.”

Smith replaces interim coach Joey James, who filled in this season after longtime coach Dave Boots suddenly retired in September. South Dakota went 12-18 under James, including 6-8 in the Summit League.

Smith, at his introductory news conference in Vermillion, S.D., on Monday, credited and thanked Miles.

“Coach Miles is like a big brother to me,” Smith said. “He taught me how to be a professional. He was a tremendous mentor in terms of not being a guy who micromanaged, who really taught me a lot of things and just kind of let me go.

“I can’t say enough things about Coach Miles and the experiences that we’ve had together.”

Smith was the lead recruiter on Terran Petteway, a sophomore transfer who led the Big Ten Conference in scoring this season and helped Nebraska end its 16-year NCAA Tournament drought.

Smith said Petteway, after Nebraska’s season ended Friday, told Smith that he loved him, and that the gesture meant everything to Smith.

“It’s always tough when you leave a program,” Smith said. “We had such a great group of guys. That team has a chance to be a top 25 team for most of the year next year.”

Smith described Petteway’s work ethic as “relentless,” and said he’s never been around a player who worked so hard.

“That kid wants to play in the NBA, and it shows,” Smith said. “And he will.”

Smith is the second member of Miles’ coaching staff in two seasons to depart, joining Ben Johnson, who left after last season for an assistant’s job at Minnesota. Chris Harriman, who turned down an assistant coaching offer from Purdue last spring, is the only remaining member of Miles’ original staff in Lincoln.

“These guys are tremendous coaches,” Miles said. “It doesn’t surprise me we’ve had to fight off other schools to keep what we have. We’ve really surrounded ourselves with some talented staff, and I’m happy and proud about that.

"We’re going to hire somebody really good to help continue the upward trend we’re on and help us go to the next level maybe even more quickly.”

Comment

• 6-2 Wisky early, but by the looks of it, they're about to chew this zone right the fuck up.

Comment

Working...
                                X