B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1G/NCAA basketball

Kentucky make uconn look amazingly clean. Can't stand calipari. Just dirt... He's scum

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Wow. Wildcats win again with last second shot by Aaron Harrison...

Comment

• I can't stand watching UK's dipshitedness get rewarded. That was an awful final possession. Awful. They were abusing Wisky from 8 feet in all game. Dominating. They should have pounded the ball inside, got the easy score and went to OT. In fact, Wisky got back in the game and eventually got the lead when UK went stupid and settled for outside jumpers. And what do they settle for with 5 seconds left? A 23 foot jumper with a mit in the face. Stupid.

This tournament also solidifies my preference for the way CFB chooses a champion/best team. I love March Madness as an event, and it obviously leaves zero doubt who the tournament champion is. But I really dislike it's lack of precision in matching up tournament champion with best (or one of the best) teams. They could run this tournament back and UK and UConn could easily lose in the first round.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Agree wholeheartedly about Kentucky, but not about the tournament. UK's brand of basketball is ugly and dumb and succeeds in spite of itself. Which is Calipari's plan in the first place. It's a shame it works, and it's on the NCAA to put a stop to it. But, in truth, it's worked because they've gotten fucking awfully lucky. Is what it is. It's only objectionable IMO because of the stacked-deck aspect.

I think your complaint is just, ultimately, how it is. I think back to the '05 Pistons/Spurs finals. Those two played each other to a brilliant stand-still for 6 games, three quarters and another ten minutes of play, and then it was just how the ball bounced that decided things. All that buildup, which reduced the anomalous factors you're decrying, didn't matter. Sometimes it's just about how the ball bounces.

As for Kentucky, well, if you improve the reffing Kentucky isn't around anymore. That, IMO, is the biggest complaint. You've got to improve the reffing. It's no easy job, everyone knows. So pay refs accordingly.

Comment

• Yeah, there's no way -- NO WAY -- UK would beat Wichita, Louisville, M and Wisky in a row again. In fact, I'd put gads of money on them winning no more than 2 of those games if they played again.

Re Pistons-Spurs, my objection is to the gross lack of precision with March Madness. The Pistons and Spurs were, pretty clearly, the two best teams in the league. The regular season and playoffs (all Bo7s) had pretty much sorted that out. So, either outcome was acceptable in a "best team" analysis -- like the Heat and Spurs last season -- a miracle Game 6 rally saves the Heat.

Tonight's game isn't the case of, say, Wichita-Michigan -- two teams you could make a case for as "deserving" champs. You're right that it's the way it is. And with the way the game has gone, there tends to be less "great" teams (this year, in particular), so that opens the up the possibility of a game like this one. Or, UConn-Butler. It is what it is. Doesn't mean I have to acknowledge the tournament champ as the best team in basketball or even one of the best teams.

Comment

• I appreciate what you're saying. I guess I agree only to a small extent that does not lead me to the same conclusion. I do agree that there's more than one way to measure success. Making the Final Four and the conference title are meaningful secondary accomplishments. As always with college sports you want to best your rivals, and doing so but losing other games is more satisfying than having a slightly better W-L and not besting your rivals, like Michigan did last year in going slightly under .500 in those big rivalry games.

But, in the end, this is how the championship is settled and that's that. You'd change your tune if OSU ever wins one. But it's been, what, 50 years or something outrageous like that?

Comment

• The large tournament, winner-take-all, one-and-done format sucks horribly. It is popular largely because it is transparent and simple, but the system really does suck.

Comment

• ...and exciting as hell. But yeah, the other parts are true too.

Comment

• It is exciting while it lasts but that excitement comes largely at the expense of the regular season. I, for one, hope that CFB never goes that route.

Comment

• I've always preferred a system where 2 teams that just flirted with the top 25 play for it all

Comment

• Omaha writers opinion of this years final 4... few days old

Comment

• The streak ends this year. At least for Saturday. Out of choice. It’s fatigue. I’m tired of the sport. The college basketball product, as a whole, is poor. I look at the Final Four teams and see (maybe) one — Florida — that could have sneaked into the Final Four 20 years ago.
                          This will be the first final I won't watch since IU-UNC in 1983. I came close with the Butler-UConn awful-fest, but for some reason I suffered through that abomination. Not again.

And there is no team in this year's tourney that could have challenged anyone in the 1991 FF (or 1990 or 1989, etc).

Comment

• 1983-1993 was the best 10 years for the tourny... imo

Comment

• I'm not exactly sure when it started to decline. It began it's upward trajectory when they went to 32 and allowed more than 1 team from a conference (1976, I think). The 1979 FF was and will always be the most watched FF of all-time. But, I think you definitely start with the first year at 64 -- 1985 -- and go back to 1982 b/c those FFs were freakin' awesome. I mean, you can't not include 1982, Entropy.

1995 was a really good FF. The 1996 UK-UMass matchup was epic. The 1999 FF was fantastic with a great final. Perhaps it was in 2000 when MSU and Wisky played Streetfighter 2 at the FF.

Comment

• This is silly. I'd like to eliminate the cheating and improve the reffing, but otherwise, bah. I mean, yes its frustrating that Kentucky can buy its way there, and I dont' like the dump-and-chase approach, but it's still going to be a fun game to watch no matter which schools.

Comment

Working...
                                X