No announcement yet.

B1G/NCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not to mention it was pretty apparent that bad things were on the horizon for Michigan hoops at that point.

Comment

• These numbers are from the 1984-85 season forward...chose that season as we all know it was the first time the field was expanded to 64.

NCAA Appearances
      Michigan State: 25
      Indiana: 24
      Illinois: 22
      Purdue: 22
      Wisconsin: 19
      Maryland: 18
      Ohio State: 18
      Michigan: 17
      Iowa: 16
      Minnesota: 10
      Nebraska: 7
      Penn State: 4
      Rutgers: 2
      Northwestern: None

Sweet Sixteens
      Michigan State: 15
      Indiana: 9
      Maryland: 8
      Ohio State: 8
      Wisconsin: 8
      Michigan: 7
      Purdue: 7
      Illinois: 6
      Iowa: 3
      Minnesota: 3
      Penn State: 1
      Nebraska: None
      Rutgers: None

Elite Eights
      Michigan State: 9
      Michigan: 6
      Ohio State: 5
      Indiana: 4
      Wisconsin: 4
      Illinois: 3
      Maryland: 2
      Minnesota: 2
      Purdue: 2
      Iowa: 1
      Penn State: None

Final Fours
      Michigan State: 6 (7?)
      Michigan: 4
      Indiana: 3
      Ohio State: 3
      Illinois: 2
      Maryland: 2
      Wisconsin: 2 (3?)
      Minnesota: 1
      Iowa: None
      Penn State: None
      Purdue: None

Comment

• Enjoying Wisconsin/Arizona. Big-boy teams. Manball. Effort at both ends. This is how it should be.

Comment

• Refs gotta swallow their whistles and let them play. This is beautiful.

Comment

• Too much manball. Watching Wisconsin is painful most of the time.

Comment

• Really good game. Completely agree with Sir Charles that these teams are 2nd and 3rd best in country. Wisky seems to have to work harder for shots and seems to get worse looks.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Arizona winning the tourney makes me win both of my pools... I had UK, Arizona, Duke and Louisville as my FF in one and UK, Arizona, Duke & Virginia in the other.

Comment

• I don't get the notion that Wisconsin is hard to watch. Don't see it at all. I just love that everything is contested cleanly.

And, yeah re seeding. Villanova had no business getting a #1 seed and Wisconsin deserved better too. Villanova in particular was lucky to beat Michigan for chrissakes.

Comment

• Of course, if Wisky shoots the fucking lights out, it's all over. 30 points at half. 32 points in the first 11 minutes of the 2nd half.

Comment

• Yes, but too many stops by officiating ... and soon will come the TV timeouts.
                      Annoying....
                      It's the one reason soccer is good... barely any stops.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• All flow and no pace.

Yeah - Wisky not missing 3s is gonna do it. Not the eason I thought they would win.

Comment

• You see what happens, Beilein? Do you see what happens when you Defend An Opponent On The Court? Do you see what happens Beilein?

Arizona just couldn't afford that. Not without someone who could consistently create for himself. I thought the difference would be Wisconsin being able to get buckets on broken plays in the last few minutes and Arizona not able to. The shooting just pushed up the must-score possessions for Arizona, and they don't have that guy.

Comment

• Arizona probably wins that game if Wisky is say, only 6 for 12 from 3P in the 2nd half. Wow. One of those halves.

Arizona winning the tourney makes me win both of my pools
                            My 8-year old son was in first place by a comfortable margin. If he had picked UK he'd almost be a lock. But he had Arizona. Good to learn to annual disappointment of bracket heartbreak early in life, I say!

Comment

• Yeah. Arizona was pretty game.

Comment

• Dekker hasn't been anywhere close to that good all season. He hasn't even flashed that good. That was a ridiculous half of basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X