No announcement yet.

Rutgers @ Michigan game day - in game - post game discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to the defense setting up short fields for the offense to score against a God awful Rutgers defense. Don't know exactly what to take from this game besides Rudock and the passing game better perform the rest of the seaon, as the run game is just not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
      I just wish he never came to the Lions. I liked him as an analyst before, but now everything he says just rings hallow. He sucks ass.
      Yup.. I actually like him until I realize who it is.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

one of the more uninteresting games I've seen all year

Comment

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
          I loathe Matt Millen calling U of M games
          You should be forced to listen to Brandstader and Dierdorf. Was in Mississippi for a funeral this weekend and picked it up on Sirius Radio.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how in the hell Brandstater was hired to do play by play. He's awful. I like Dan Dierdorf but he and Brandstater are constantly talking over the top of each other. With this, Brandstater was futily behind missing play after play. You have no idea where the ball is, what down it is, time remaining, where the ball gets spotted after a play.

Impossible to follow the game.

My only observations in this pummeling of a terrible football team are the cluster fuck that is Big Ten officiating continues. Misunderstood and misapplied rules mark most BT games I watch. Most contests are over-officiated. This in marked contrast to SEC games.

Rudock had a nice day against a shit defense. The disturbing thing is that it did nothing for the run game. What that tells us is that M isn't going to have one until Harbaugh gets a quality RB and brings him along. hopefully that will happen quickly.

I think this game does tell us that M may be able to keep up with IU. One game at a time.
          Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; November 7, 2015, 09:55 PM.
          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

sad state of M football ... "may be able to keep up with IU"

Comment

Don't fall into the trap of what one game can tell us moving forward. That's been shot down too many times in CFB, this year and history.

Indiana was going to be a reasonably tough game before today and nothing has changed since. Rate it about a 6 or 7 on the worry scale.

Comment

Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                Don't fall into the trap of what one game can tell us moving forward. That's been shot down too many times in CFB, this year and history.

Indiana was going to be a reasonably tough game before today and nothing has changed since. Rate it about a 6 or 7 on the worry scale.
                You can look at Harbaugh's body of work this season and you can certainly project that on the probability of it producing a win in future games. My bet is that Advance Stats, unlike it did last week following the Minnesota game where projected win margins and probabilities decreased in M's remaining games, both will increase after the win against Rutgers.

That is because Harbaugh is proving that he has the capacity of optimizing what he's got and that is reflected in measures of offensive and defensive efficiency. No question, team 136 has plenty of warts but Harbaugh continues to find work arounds. No run game? No long ball? Unleash the screen game as a replacement for both. Call the full back and TE number. IOW, optimize your players and take what the D gives. Did that in Spades v. Rutgers. I'd give him a good chance of continuing to do that v. remaining opponents.
                There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I really could care less what Advanced Stats say. They change from week to week after their projections from that week were wrong.

Comment

Indiana (0-5 in B1G) can score points but they allow just as many. M should trade punches with them, M might be a favorite but I wouldn't touch any point spread. It's a game that's worried me for awhile even though I don't think too highly of the Hoosiers as I see them as a tough match-up for M's defense...

Rudock is a good bet to have another good game statistically albeit versus a lousy Hoosier defense. M's defense might look similar to what that they did against the Gophers as the Hoosiers is one of the B1G rare offenses that can move the ball on the ground and via the air. M 38, Indiana 27.

Comment

• Spread will be about -7 or so.

Comment

• The IU game represents a chance for our D to show they can improve. They present a big challenge ... we saw what they did to the bucks.
                        Yes, a big worry game.... sadly.

Comment

• It's gonna be a challenge, but nothing to be too scared about.

Comment

• Not sure what Indiana team you will get. The one that played Iowa and OSU close? Or the one that got blown out by Penn State and lost to Rutgers?

Comment

• Jordan Howard their rushing offense missed the PSU & Rutgers games and Sudfield was knocked out vs the Buckeyes. They'll be a challenge.

Comment

• UM needs to quit losing D-linemen. Any news of Glasgow?

Comment

Working...
                                X