No announcement yet.

M @ IU, Game Day, In Game, Post Game Disussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointing day, but fun at the same time. It's amazing that Indiana is winless in the Big 10 with that offense. Remember it was just a year ago that the Big Ten was considered a basket case.

Comment

• IU has definitely played the hardest B10 schedule so far.
      Losses to Ohio State, Penn State, MSU, Iowa, and Michigan.
      No excuse for that blown lead to Rutgers. Well, we know IU's pass defense is one of the worst.
      Zander Diamont starting at Penn State was a tough game to compete in for IU.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The front 5 (Godin, Hurst Taco, RJS, Pallente, Wormley, playing NT, DE, SDE, DT and Buck)) had 30 tackles. 2TFLs

The LBs and DBs had 55.

That will tell you exactly why IU was running all over M. I'm pretty sure the UFR will show how the interior DL got turned out of position so they couldn't square shoulders for a tackle, something Glasgow rarely let happen.

Not sure about this but will be checking the UFR to see how well IU's OL got to the second level allowing some pretty impresses lanes for Howard to run through although he is an exceptionally good runner. It also looked like both IU RBs hesitated sufficiently to both pick up their blockers and avoid over penetration by selected DL and LBs who might have been filling. ...... badly and in the wrong gaps for that matter.

That was impressive work by IU's OL and RBs.

Cruel loss for IU..... says JH smiling though his teeth.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• vs Ohio State, I remember IU's RBs really struggling. That stretch play was regularly stuffed by the OSU defense.

In fact, I had to look this up, but IU's RBs average 1.79 YPC on 44 carries vs OSU.
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Oddly enough, Diamont was the only way they got back in the game against OSU. Fluky shit. OSU has a decent DL, though. It'll be interesting to see if the DL can slow down M's running game without committing an extra guy. God knows they press man and challenge M's WRs.

BTW, the Stanford loss is one more domino toward the CFP for M.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It'll also be interesting to see if Elliot can have some success against M.

First things first - gotta find a way to beat Sparty. With no down field passing attack to speak of, it's going to be an uphill battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                It could be the opponents? At least in part.

Next week M will have the same issue running the ball -- as in they most likely won't be able to. But I think PSU is considerably better in the secondary than IU. However, they don't have the OL that IU has or the offense in general.
                I see it being a low scoring, close, competitive game. Maybe 27-24. So Michigan will win 31-10.

In all seriousness, the key for the Michigan defense will be stopping their stud true freshman RB. And then on offense, can their pass game be 70% of what it was vs. IU? If both of those happens, I see Michigan winning.

Comment

• Another game not for the weak of heart. I'm happy the IU-coach took a page out of Pete Carrol's playbook at the end.

I don't know what can be done for the D between now and next Saturday but I hope they figure something out.

Michigan got the 8 wins I thought represented a good Year 1 of Harbaugh. Now, I hope they exceed expectations.

GO BLUE!

Comment

• IU-coach took a page out of Pete Carrol's playbook at the end.
                    Ha! The bias announcers, ( totally cheering for Indiana) said the same thing right before the play

lmfao!

Comment

• Surprised Hannibal hasn't brought this up with all of the praised being heaped on the Hoosiers O-line. Their Coach is a guy named Greg Frey.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I didn't hear any bias in the announcers but I wasn't listening for any.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Ha! The bias announcers, ( totally cheering for Indiana) said the same thing right before the play

lmfao!
                          You guys who are always claiming an anti-Michigan bias by announcers are crazy. Like the late Billy Martin you probably hear people giving you the middle finger. Huard was asked before the play what he would do, and he said he would run just like the Seahawks should have done.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Beyond impressed. The staff has outworked every coach we faced this season with a 5-7 Hoke team that was a house of cards and a QB that Iowa tossed in the can.

Giving up 527 yards to a 4-6 team means we are not losing DJ Durkin to Slippery Rock this season anyway, the defense was EXHAUSTED.

Shame 5-star floaters Isaac & Green remain healthy and on the team back in AA while Smith and Johnson bleed on the field. They need to be removed from the team asap, the sooner the better. Harbaugh needs scholarship RBs that contribute.
                            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• You guys who are always claiming an anti-Michigan bias by announcers are crazy. Like the late Billy Martin you probably hear people giving you the middle finger. Huard was asked before the play what he would do, and he said he would run just like the Seahawks should have done.
                              This

Comment

• I had completely forgotten that IU grabbed Frey after RR was fired.

Rodriguez probably put together the best set of offensive coordinators that M had had to date and probably rivals what's there now.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X