Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Ohio State at #4.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

They are seriously #4 after losing 16 starters?

Comment

Well, according to Athlon's "way too early" preseason top 25. My guess is they'll weigh in around 7 to 10 by summer. Probably right around where M is. Most preseason folks won't properly take into account just how fucking awesome O'Korn will be and will think, hmmm, "shitty running game and questionable passing game."

Comment

OSU will have no problem with the B10 cupcakes.
          They just have a couple tough games at Oklahoma (which should be amazing), at Wisconsin, at PSU, at MSU, and vs Michigan.
          OSU should win most of those however unless something we have never seen with that team happens....

I don't think they will make the playoffs, but should finish in the 7-15 range once the final rankings come out. Maybe 10-3? 11-3?
          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

In 2014, Ohio State returned 3 starters on offense none of them were as good as JTB or Elflein. They lost 4 out of 5 OL, 3 of whom started in the NFL as rookies. They lost Carlos Hyde. And they lost Braxton Miller. There were growing pains, but things gradually came together.

On the defensive side, they had a good core on the DL returning -- Bosa, Bennett and Washington. They also had Perry and Grant at LB, but that was little solace given they way the defense played in 2013. Doran Grant was back, but the rest of the secondary was giant question mark. They lost Shazier and Roby off a defense that was generally plain bad.

IMO, they're considerably better off on offense in 2016 than they were in 2014. They're not quite as well off on defense. I really like the DL coming back and McMillan is a stud at LB. But it's not the DL they had in 2014 and while I think Conley will be a good CB, he's not Doran Grant.

So, we'll see. I tend to have faith in UFM to put a decent team on the field. 3-4 losses is certainly realistic, but it wouldn't surprise me if they did a little better. It is, of course, a given that UFM will lose to HARBAUGH!!!!

Comment

Athlon's "way too early" preseason top 25:

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; January 7, 2016, 01:08 PM.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

9 wins easily for the Buckeyes, their past four recruiting classes:

'16 (#2)
                '15 (#7)
                '14 (#3)
                '13 (#2)

They can sustain the graduates, early entries as well as anyone in the nation.

Comment

As Harbaugh tweeted, you reap what you sow:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

9-3 would disappoint. I'm hoping this season establishes OSU on Bama's level. They'll have as much or more talent than every team on the schedule. They'll just be inexperienced. In some ways it's easier to motivate those kids. We'll see.

Comment

USC, Bama's first opponent, may have more 5 star players on roster. They apparently haven't been developed, though.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

UFM is the best college coach in the land. I would never expect them to lose more than 2 games while he is coaching. :(
                        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

The Nick.

Urbs is really good. Couple others as good or better.

Comment

Nick's built Bama up to that point, we'll see this season if Meyer has built such a machine in Columbus. Imo Meyer is the better coach as I've shared as much before though Meyer has much less competition in the B1G.

Comment

Saban is pretty good. Playing for our 4th NC in 7 years and has around a .900 win pct since 2008.

Wins by year since 2008:

2008: 12
                              2009: 14
                              2010: 10
                              2011: 12
                              2012: 13
                              2013: 11
                              2014: 12
                              2015: 13

It's been a nice run. Hate he is mid 60's.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

John Baxter is headed back to USC to coach Special Teams.

Comment

Working...
                                X