Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From today's Harbaugh presser:

1. QB has been named. The players know, but he will not release it to the public. Translation: Watch for Twitters ..

2. No injuries that he's willing to release to the public

3. Peppers has been working with the offense, but nobody else's business how much...

4. Ben Gedeon is a very good football player, but toyed with the reporter who asked him if he was a "leader".

Harbaugh is probably among the best non-politicians that I know, who can spend an entire press conference saying absolutely nothing. I actually like that in a football coach, because most of the questions these sports wags ask, are nobody else's business anyway...

Speculation is that Speight has won the job, because O'Korn tends to turn the ball over more (INT's). Again, somebody will spill the beans on Twitter, so stay tuned.

My feeling: If Jim Harbaugh says Wilton Speight is his best QB, then that means he IS the best QB. I have no idea if that's a good thing or not. Does it mean that Speight is the best out of 3 mediocre QB's ... or does it mean that 2-3 QB's had a great battle and pushed each other to get better? I have no idea.

We'll see more on Saturday, I suppose.

I still trust Harbaugh.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The beans have already been spilled. It's Speight.

Comment

• That's a bit of a surprise, and also a bit of a disappointment. I'd hoped that it would be O'Korn due to his ability to run.

Maybe it won't matter. Maybe the running game will be so good that Speight's passing won't be a game deciding factor.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
          video's been removed by the user
          Not sure really why but here's a link to mgoblog with a new link to the Twitter account that the video is now embedded. It's worth a look.

Hey guys, I made another video. The final one for the offseason. I wanted to make one that was a bit more fun and lighter than other ones I've done. This one is called "Hymn for the Weekend". Song: Coldplay (w/ Beyonce) - Hymn for the Weekend As always, constructive criticism is welcome. Enjoy and go blue! (EDIT - Subbing Youtube to Twitter link - YT removed audio)   Michigan football is less than a week away! Here's my latest - "Hymn for the Weekend" to get you through it. #GoBlue pic.twitter.com/eWDDJgXqBQ — Stephen Osentoski (@StephenToski) August 29, 2016
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't care who the QB is.

Let's play some Michigan football!
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I, too, don't care who the QB is. Can win with either.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                I, too, don't care who the QB is. Can win with either.
                12 games?

Comment

• Can? As in, possible? Yeah. Be easier to say after seeing both them play obviously.

Comment

• Its amazing to me that Speight is it.

Not having a real play maker between QB and RB positions will really limit this teams potential. The coach and D can only cover for so long in college football.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Why does it shock everybody? Cause O'Korn has better mobility? Scout team practice reports? Speight was better in the spring game and it really wasn't that close IMO. Not that hard to figure someone who knows the offense inside and out, makes good decisions and is accurate winning the job over someone who looks to run at the first sign of pressure, forces throws and doesn't necessarily know the offense as well.

Comment

• Speight aquitted himself well when thrown into a game that was in doubt. Now he has had more time in the system. I see no reason to fear.

Trust the HARBAUGH Luke, trust the HARBAUGH.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Harbaugh is one of the best at evaluating talent in all of organized football.

If he says Speight is the man, then he's the man.

The only concern for me, is he the best of 3 mediocre quarterbacks, or did these guys ALL step up their game, and force Harbaugh to choose between three really good QBs?

I guess we'll see as the season progresses.

Comment

• I have always looked at Speight as a long shot to stay on this team. He's not a technician with his accuracy, doesn't have a plus arm and isn't athletic.

Maybe he'll surprise but his ceiling has to be low. Harbaugh is a miracle worker and deserves the benefit of the doubt but I'm not overwhelmed.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He might be OK.

Comment

• Slightest disappointed if it's Speight, I just see more upside in O'Korn as a playmaker though the weapons around Speight (Chesson, Darboh, Butt, etc.) are good enough to make a solid B1G QB look very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X