Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 137, 2016 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheatley was really good right away. Loaded backfield as a frosh with Powers and Johnson split carries, then he dominated as a soph with the same backfield.

Comment

• It has been a long time since we had two "A" backs on the team.

Comment

• Yeah I didn't get that Wheatley reference.

It's true you guys haven't really had great running backs since Mike Hart left but you might have outsized expectations about what you should expect out of the position. If you got back to the running backs that epitomized the Carr years, that's all you need.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Yeah I didn't get that Wheatley reference.

It's true you guys haven't really had great running backs since Mike Hart left but you might have outsized expectations about what you should expect out of the position. If you got back to the running backs that epitomized the Carr years, that's all you need.
          I don't think that our expectations have been unrealistic, based on what I have seen out of our competitors and playoff teams around the country. Most years Ohio State and Wisconsin's #2 guy could easily be our #1. Our RBs for the most part have been donkey dick.

Comment

• Detroit Dan is talking Barry Sanders comps.

Comment

• That's a Talent sized leap right there. One guy mentions Barry, now "we" have too high of expectations....

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                Detroit Dan is talking Barry Sanders comps.
                I don't expect anything like that but I don't think that it's unreasonable to land an immediate impact guy every other year or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  I don't expect anything like that but I don't think that it's unreasonable to land an immediate impact guy every other year or so.
                  Like I said if you get back to level the Carr years, that is all you need.

Comment

• Highest ranking for M since the week before the 2007 Appalachian nightmare...M is finally back on track.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post

M is finally back on track.
                      How can you know that? Two weeks, two completely horrible opponents.

Comment

• We aren't struggling with Akron, Paul. We aren't losing to fucking Purdue.

Comment

• I'll accept that answer. In your defense, I do expect Michigan to better this year than last. And they're dominating teams that they are supposed to dominate. It's just early, that's all.

Comment

• Yep. No reason to think we're fully back yet but things have gone pretty well so far.

Comment

• Michigan #4 now, FSU and Ohio State all jump Clemson in AP

Off the top of my head Michigan hasn't been ranked this high since 06 (?)

Comment

• In the second week of play? I don't know for sure but I think M might have had some top 4 rankings pre-season that lasted through the first 2-4 games but Carr was infamous for dropping games in late September/early October.

It is nice to be back in the national convo again though. Whether or not M is really the 4th best team in CFB is questionable. Thrash MSU, I mean really lay the wood to them, and I'll believe it for sure. Till then, I'm in a wait and see mode.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X