Michigan Baseball, Softball and Other Wolverine Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Baseball, Softball and Other Wolverine Sports

A thread for baseball, softball, track, etc.

I figured we needed this with our "Off Topic and Miscellaneous" thread is mostly political nowadays. Which, by the way, is doing very well. Thank you all.

So, lets post the non-football/basketball sports topics here.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by *JD*; November 9, 2018, 10:24 AM.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

As the first topic, Michigan's Carol Hutchins has become the winning-est college softball coach in NCAA history with 1,459 wins.

A nice write up about it is at the link below.

Comment

This won't be a real thread until Entropy christens it with his take on volleyball and Stan weighs in on lacrosse.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Michigan's Softball team concluded its 3 game series at Lincoln Nebraska today by winning an 8-6 slugfest with the Lady Cornhuskers. Michigan won the rubber game of the series today after losing a pitcher's duel on Friday 1-0, then coming back to win Saturday's game 4-1.

Michigan will likely drop its #1 ranking when the new ratings come out, but they are in a good position to retain the top seed for the Big Ten tournament which will be held in State College PA in May.

Meanwhile, in Baseball, the team lost the first two games of a home stand with Minnesota on Friday and Saturday by scores of 8-1 and 5-3. Today's scheduled game was cancelled due to weather.

Michigan is 21-8 overall, and 3-2 in the Big Ten. Out of 29 games played, only 12 games have been played either at home or northern sites.

Yeah, those six (6) days the football team spent in Florida were sure "unfair to the athletes"....

Comment

Michigan's baseball team completed a 3 game sweep of the Nebraska Cornhuskers today by winning 7-2. Michigan's record is now 25-9, and they are 6-2 in conference play. The Wolverines entered today's game ranked #22 in the country. They'll resume action on Wednesday when the Toledo Rockets come to town for a single game, followed by a weekend trek to Iowa City for a 3 game weekend series with the Hawkeyes.

The ladies Softball team continued its winning ways by completing a 3 game sweep of Ohio State. The Buckeye-ettes came into Ann Arbor undefeated in Big Ten play, but were swept by the #2 ranked Wolverines in the weekend series. The Wolverines won Friday by a score of 8-0, followed by a Saturday victory of 5-1. Today's game was a bit closer, but the Wolverines prevailed by a score of 5-3.

The lady Wolverines will return to action on Tuesday, when the MSU Spartans come to town for a single game. They will then host the Maryland Terrapins for a weekend series on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Comment

Thanks for the updates, Liney. This weekend would have been great to take in some baseball. I've been meaning to get down to a game for years but it's usually 42 degrees and windy when I'm able to go.

Comment

I'm thinking about going to the softball game on Saturday. Same story with me, a lot depends on the weather.

Comment

............ and you two give me a hard time about long johns and parkas in October?

Thanks for the updates Liney. This is a good thread. I rarely look at the Mgoblue web site for other sports. It is terribly designed and executed given what it could be.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I'm not so concerned about the temperatures as much as I am with precipitation. I don't want to drive 75 miles to sit in the stands and watch a game in the rain. They'll play those games in the rain unless its a hurricane-like downpour. It seems like the umpires are under orders to get the games in no matter what.

Comment

Stolen from another thread ...

First of all, there were more than 35K at Michigan's Spring Game. It was more like 45-50K.

Secondly, everyone that came to the Michigan Spring Game got in for free. Not so with Ohio.

Thirdly, that is the only time this year that Ohio will out draw Michigan in a home game/event. Michigan will once again lead the NCAA in attendance.

Comment

So, Ohio State drew 100,000 people who had to pay $5 to get in and M drew 35K people who got in for free. Got it.

Comment

Let me fix this for you....

$5 bucks to see an intramural team practice?

You see, it's not an actual game. At Michigan, we actually play another team when setting NCAA PAID attendance records.

Cheap, stupid and easily amused is no way to go through life...but Go Bucknuts!
                            "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Hey, what I can say....OSU fans are even willing to fork out way more than $5 to turn M Stadium into a sea of red and chant around the stadium for a full quarter in the midst of another OSU rout.

Buckeye fans like watching their team and are willing to pay to do so, whether they are playing an intrasquad scrimmage or a less competitive game like, say, against M.

Comment

Working...
                              X