No announcement yet.

Michigan Baseball, Softball and Other Wolverine Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men's or women's before I visit the link?

Comment

• Pretty good JD. I particularly liked the shot down the line of the net, down low, as the various players were about to strike.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
        Men's or women's before I visit the link?
        I don't think Michigan has a Men's Volleyball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
          Pretty good JD. I particularly liked the shot down the line of the net, down low, as the various players were about to strike.
          Thanks. It was a little tough to shoot there, as there isn't great light and there were some restrictions on where I could be. That said, I think I started getting better shots as the match went on. I know the photographer that was shooting for the school had a remote for a flash, which might be something I could sync up to if I shot another time there.

Comment

• Low lighting and sports is a terribly tough photography challenge.

Comment

• I had my first time covering Michigan Women's Basketball last night and they killed UDM. The game was tied at 37 and Michigan turned up the defense and went on a killer run. They pulled most of their starters by the end of the 3rd quarter and still won 95-62.

Here's the gallery:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/mgoblo...57703819547785

Also, I covered wrestling on Sunday. Michigan won their match. It was fun capturing all of the facial-expressions.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mgoblo...57702292189501

Comment

• Nice!!
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The women's basketball team won their 5th game in a row last night. At 17-9 overall and 8-6 in the B1G, they're making a late charge to be in the NCAA field. I also shot the game last night.

Comment

• Grate shots JD. Love the shot block picture.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thanks!

I think I may get to do at least one more Women's game this season. Next weekend, I'm shooting both the Men's and Women's Tennis teams and I think at some point I'll be doing Track & Field and definitely some Softball (quite a few) and Baseball. I suppose there's a chance I may do another Men's Basketball game but Marc-Gregor is their primary photog for that.

Comment

• The Women's hoops team crushed Kansas State in their NCAA Tournament opener yesterday, winning by 30 points. If you haven't watched the team yet, check them out. They'll probably lose their next game, since they play #1 Louisville at Louisville but Naz Hillmon is very impressive. Her lateral-movement when Michigan presses is something that reminded me of Dennis Rodman. To be that big (in the women's game) and still able to stay in front of guards is crazy.

Comment

• I also shot my first softball game of the year this week. I'll be out there again today, for game 1 of their double-header.

Here's highlights of their win vs. WMU.

Comment

• Saturday Game 1 (8-0 run-rule W)

Sunday (12-0 run-rule W)

All of Wiz's daughters could not elevate the Cornhuskers to avoiding a 3-game sweep.

Comment

• More winning softball action, this time a dramatic 7-6 walk-off win!:
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/mgoblo...57704465813192

Comment

• Originally posted by *JD* View Post
                                I also shot my first softball game of the year this week. I'll be out there again today, for game 1 of their double-header.

Here's
                                acca edge highlights of their win vs. WMU.
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/mgoblo...57707677658684
                                Great, thanks for sharing
                                Last edited by ameliecoles; April 17, 2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X