Harbaugh Speaks - Others Respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    M fans don't trouble themselves with objective measures, Froot. As long as they think they're the best, they are!
    Uhhh, you certainly can't be talking about THIS M fan.

Objectivity is my forte.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• [ame]https://youtu.be/vOFQfU_gD8w[/ame]

Comment

• Fantastic ..... I'd buy milk just because of that ad even though I hate it.
        There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• How much hit money can M fans come up with for me to kill Talent?
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Harbaugh was on 97.1 this morning and said he thinks Don Brown should win the Coach of the Year. I believe he also called his mustache "dynamic."

Comment

• I haven't pulled on it or tested it in any other ways, but I'd bet it's true about the dynamism.

Comment

• So I'm driving to work this morning in Dallas and what do I hear on the radio????

Harbaugh is in line to get 5-10 NFL offers and is line to make upwards of 15 Mil per year.

This guy is a frickin stud. Do I think he goes to the NFL after this year....No. Do I think he eventually goes back to chase a superbowl....yes, oh god yes.
                Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Oh great. We trade Harbaugh for Les Miles. And I thought the election was depressing!

Comment

• Les is a good guy, a great recuiter, and a good HC. His greatest failing is not hiring a dynamic OC and getting out of that guy's way.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Let them push

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Wellington_beefhouser View Post
                          So I'm driving to work this morning in Dallas and what do I hear on the radio????

Harbaugh is in line to get 5-10 NFL offers and is line to make upwards of 15 Mil per year.

This guy is a frickin stud. Do I think he goes to the NFL after this year....No. Do I think he eventually goes back to chase a superbowl....yes, oh god yes.
                          On a related note...I was listening to the Herd yesterday and he had two or three segments related to Harbaugh and the NFL. Storyline aside, what I enjoyed most is that, since hiring JH, UM is back in the news in a positive way. Coverage almost always focuses on the positive rather than negative both regards to UM football and JH himself. Hope the kids are watching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mackenzie View Post
                            ....... Hope the kids are watching.
                            No question that they are.

My completely unbiased take on JH's tenure at M (heh!) ......

I think he has deep roots in Ann Arbor and he's got kids that he wants to grow up there much like he did. That's a big draw for him to stay put.

On recruiting and what that must take out of you compared to a fat paycheck as an NFL HC without that burden and the off season open to pursue hobbies .......

I think Harbaugh, in particular among his peers who may not like it, loves to recruit. That's not because he's doing that work for M but because he loves the game of football and enjoys getting young men fired up about it. I'ts not work to him it's evangelizing for football.

All things considered, we know Jimmy Ball Game can appear to be flaky to people/the sports press and do the unexpected. Sure, anything can happen but, my view is that Harbaugh is way smart and calculating and right now he knows what he wants and is going to stay with it for a good while and until he feels he's done the job that he was hired to do.

Maybe more importantly, he'll probably stay around until he feels like he has a successor lined up from his staff. That's going to take a while for him to hire and groom someone and get that kind of feeling. He'll do that for his alma mater not for JH or his Michigan HC'ing legacy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              Maybe more importantly, he'll probably stay around until he feels like he has a successor lined up from his staff. That's going to take a while for him to hire and groom someone and get that kind of feeling. He'll do that for his alma mater not for JH or his Michigan HC'ing legacy
                              I hate to think about JH leaving before he's even had a chance to really be here. But, I hope in 20 years or so that will be the case. I do think M got caught with their pants down when Carr left. Maybe there were back-room deals that fell apart leading to the RR debacle. I'm not sure anyone really knows for sure. But, the "coach-in-waiting" concept has some merit. I'm sure it has some drawbacks also.

Some "analysts" describe JH as almost childlike in his love and passion for the game. Like something that most other coaches outgrow and then proceed to see coaching as more of a job. While I'm sure JH also sees coaching as a job, he's able to bring with it that "enthusiasm unknown to mankind." Don't know how long he can do that but I hope it's a very long time.

Football aside, based on what I've seen/learned about JH since he's been here is that, even at 50+ years old, he also seems to attack life in general with that same childlike enthusiasm. I'm envious. Good for him.

Comment

• HARBAUGH!
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X