No announcement yet.

Harbaugh Speaks - Others Respond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by WingsFan; July 18, 2016, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Someone please confirm this for me. Paul Finebaum reports for the SEC, right?

This guy has talked more about Jim Harbaugh lately, than he has about the SEC.

This is getting embarrassing....

Paul Finebaum is a brave soul. A week after going toe-to-toe with Nick Saban live on the air during SEC Media Days, the Mouth of SEC Network on Tuesday tossed several jabs
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Finebaum is not a reporter.

He started as a newspaper guy, was a reporter, then a feature columnist. He now has a talkshow that has been syndicated and has become a minor ESPN/SEC Network celebrity. That said, he went to Tennessee and most of his post-columnist career had been spent muckraking SEC teams. Since he went "national" he talks of other teams more, but has always included targets outside the South.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Harbaugh is going to be interviewed live on the Big Ten Network from 3:15 to 3:45 today.

Comment

That'll be worth a watch when I get home.

Comment

Just a bit of a spoiler, Mike. - - Its a good one .

:-)

Comment

Harbaugh comments on the schedule disparity ... i.e... both OSU and MSU on the road .. etc..

CHICAGO, Ill. -- It may be a cliche, but Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh just wants his team to take it one game at a time. That's the mantra he's fed his Wolverines since he's

Comment

Big Ten Coordinator of Officials Bill Carollo discusses his relationship with Jim Harbaugh.

In the article he said he wished he could change one call from the Michigan v MSU game last year.

Comment

I was unhappy with that call myself.

Comment

fuckin' refs
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Good to hear. That was an insanely bad call.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                          fuckin' refs
                          Wiz: If only the B1G would have hired us when they had the chance ....

Comment

I like the targeting rule. I also like how officials reviewing the call can now look at it in its entirety. That will help if not prolong the review ...... Something I hate as it disrupts the flow. A good thing if M is on D not so good if they are not.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

I think its a necessary rule. If football is going to survive, especially at the youth and HS levels, we need rules that return the focus to clean, solid tackling, instead of head shots and blindside shots that have become so prevalent.

When I coached blocking techniques to new players, I taught them that the blocking zone on your opponent is from his shoulders to his hips. I constantly reminded them that the head is a penalty zone. I also reminded them that below the waist will get them flagged more often than not, so I don't teach them to block below the waist. That's also a penalty zone. I think football needs to go to that train of thought.

I see way too many games on TV in both the NCAA and NFL where just before contact is made, the defender will lower his helmet and initiate contact above the shoulders. This stuff is being taught by coaches, who believe in punishing the opponent, and knocking him out of the game. This has to stop, if we're truly interested in cutting down on concussions.

There's no way to completely eliminate head injuries from football, but some good common sense coaching can get rid of a lot of it.

Comment

Is there a direct relationship between the increase in concussions (if there is such a relationship) and this more aggressive sort of play during the game you speak of. I would presume there is but don't have the data to back that up.

If there is a provable relationship, one would think governing bodies would take strong steps to prevent injuries in the sport they are governing. I would offer that I don't think, perhaps besides lip service, that those in position to do so, want to reduce the violence and injuries and blood. It sells tickets. Look at cage fighting. A discusting sport.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X